MLB reorganizes MiLB

The Appy league team in Bristol is now the State Liners

EDIT: I’m just going to add all the Appy League rebrands to this post.

Johnson City Doughboys

‘the name is meant to refer to WWI troops that were deployed to Europe. Johnson City has a famous “The Spirit of the American Doughboy” statue’

The Elizabethton Twins are now the:

Greeneville, TN Reds become:

Pulaski Yankees are now the River Turtles

Kingsport Mets are now the Axmen.

The Bluefield Blue Jays are now the:

1 Like

That River Turtle logo is pretty solid. I have high hopes for the hat.

Here’s all the new Affiliated Leagues and Teams:

Gwinnett Strippers?? :flushed::sunglasses:

Only makes sense. If they can make it there they get called up to the big leagues in Atlanta!!! :sunglasses:

Speaking of Strippers, where is SCK?

Bring on those Redbirds !
Any other Cardinals fans on here ?giphy (1)

1 Like

To set the record straight! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been to the Cheetah 3 in Atlanta, and they had some of those stripers there!

2 Likes

I’m not a Cards fan but I am pulling for Mike Shildt to do well. So I guess I am a Cards fan by default.

1 Like

Since MLB is going to implement experimental rule changes first within the minors, putting it here:

1 Like

At first I hated the idea of no shifts because it reduces strategy in the game. But making the infield keep two players on either side of 2nd base with at least one foot on the infield doesn’t seem so stupid to me. You can still basically have the SS playing 2nd if you so choose

The Danville Braves are now the Danville Otterbots.

That’s…interesting. Will have to ponder a bit before decide if I like it or not haha

Shildt is one of the best people not only in the game but in life in general. He was gracious enough to give me 2 tickets behind home plate at Wrigley 2 years ago for Cards-Cubs. Haven’t seen him in 15 years. He deserves every drop of his success.

1 Like

The Princeton Rays are now the Princeton Whistlepigs.

The AAA Pawtucket Red Sox are moving from Rhode Island to Massachusetts and are now the Worcester Sox - WooSox for short!

Worcester_Red_Sox_logo_Nov_2019

Will play at brand new 10,000 seat Polar Park.

Polar_Park_(Worcester)_logo

As a kid my family would go to New Hampshire for a week long vacation and I’d always get excited when I saw the first Polar soda billboard.

Hopefully Brett Netzer will make his way up to the Woo Sox this year.

2 Likes