Moss2k starts the WKU pregame chat page

I get why people are saying they look two tone. But I think that it’s just that they reflect so much they look that way. The border on the two tone changes in different pictures making me think it is the reflection of the white ceiling/walls that looks gold and the reflection of the black drop cloth that looks black.

2 Likes

Now that I look at them a little closer, I can see the gold around the ear holes and a chin strap reflection on the part that appears black. Good catch. The photos make it look like half black matte, and half gold. Like the old Jags helmets.

It’s a shame we get more excited about our uniforms than our team.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. I always come here for the latest fashion news.

Yep it is sad. Hopefully the product on the field will get us excited soon. In the meantime, I enjoy tailgating, seeing friends at the games, seeing new uniforms, and not having to worry about budgeting for a December trip to the Bahamas Bowl.

Here are some better photos of the helmets. Clearly all gold from these.

1 Like

I’ve got a question. Do we keep a set of each color helmet in stock? Or does a couple of sets get sent out to get painted/fitted in different colors. Keeping a set of all the colors and changing some colors on an annual basis sounds really expensive. These boys must be $200-$300 a piece?

I was under the impression they strip and paint them every week, but I could be very wrong

Most schools keep separate helmets of different colors. A kid from my daughter’s high school went to Oregon and they had 11 different colors of helmets and told him they would probably add a different version every year till they were up to a different helmet for each game.

If they go out of rotation then they can be used for practice.

Here’s an article that tells you all you need to know about college football helmets:

It looks like you could strip and re-paint but it seems to be rare. A new set ranges from $50k to $100k. Some schools auction the helmets off afterwards to get their money back.

1 Like

We neither.

clt says the glare off of the gold helmets will lead us to victory

:rofl:

I need a gold helmet mini for the man cave

Charlotte now +7.5

clt says the helmets are moving the line down

What are “bowl hopes?”

For definition see “unicorn”

Lambert on 730 this morning:

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-brad-lambert-10-12-18/

1 Like