Moving the Game Against the LOLCats

Can’t believe we are actually considering this garbage, it’s not like Davidson fans are going to show up to Halton anyways. Thoughts?

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:29769”]https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/634466115004071936

Can’t believe we are actually considering this garbage, it’s not like Davidson fans are going to show up to Halton anyways. Thoughts?[/quote]

Can’t see twitter at work, so what’s going on?

They want to move it to 12/1 because the Warriors are playing the Hornets on 12/2.

Davidson asked to move the game because it was on the same night Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors play the Hornets.

Dafuq that have to do with us? I can assume their reason, but that doesn’t concern us.

You know if they hadn’t canceled the series a few years ago and acting like such bitches I would say fine lets reschedule, but since they have been asses in the past I say stick to our guns. The only caveat is, sadly now we need them on our schedule. We can’t afford them backing out of the series.

WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH GOOSEMURDERERS.

Move the game downtown as a doubleheader with them paying all expenses and us keeping all the gate. Problem solved. ;D
Oh yea, THEY work out all the gory details with the Hornets. Let’s see just how seriously they want to see Curry.

Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

There are so many reasons to move the game that have absolutely nothing to move the game:

• The game we want to sell out the most is competing with a visit from defending NBA Champions.
  • The game we want to sell out the most is compering with a visit from the reigning NBA MVP, who happens to call Charlotte his hometown.
  • All the media will be focused on this game, not just The Observer but local TV, News 14, WCCB, WSOC, WCNC, etc. will all want to talk about Curry & the Warriors. Our game will be an afterthought.
  • We will lose the battle for the casual fans, water cooler talk, etc. It could be 100-99 3OT game won at the buzzer and everyone will be talking about Curry the next day. Awesome.

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

There are so many reasons to move the game that have absolutely nothing to move the game:

• The game we want to sell out the most is competing with a visit from defending NBA Champions.
  • The game we want to sell out the most is compering with a visit from the reigning NBA MVP, who happens to call Charlotte his hometown.
  • All the media will be focused on this game, not just The Observer but local TV, News 14, WCCB, WSOC, WCNC, etc. will all want to talk about Curry & the Warriors. Our game will be an afterthought.
  • We will lose the battle for the casual fans, water cooler talk, etc. It could be 100-99 3OT game won at the buzzer and everyone will be talking about Curry the next day. Awesome.

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.[/quote] Davidson would never sink so low as to leak just to put us in this position, would they? They’ve been so honorable and staightforward in the past.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.[/quote]

I like where you’re going with this, but I don’t think that moving the game would have us appear weak. Some people would feel that way, but I think if they move it for a promotional reason (ie. getting it on TV and having that be promoted as the big game in CLT on 12/1) I see no issue with just moving it.

[size=2]I’m not about letting Davidson strong arm us scheduling wise. The game is fun and there is alot of passion between the 2 teams but our OOC schedule has been strong enough lately where I won’t miss it that much. Let’s call up VCU or George Washington in the future if the College of Smug wants to back out. [font=Verdana]I’m sure they will claim that we aren’t being respectful rival if we don’t move it.[/font][/size]

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.[/quote]

Voice of reason.

Davidson should call the Hornets and ask them to move their game :slight_smile: Having game the same night as Golden State would probably cost us $20k or more. Die hard fans already view AD as weak. Move game and make more $. #Capitalism

[quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:29769”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.[/quote] Davidson would never sink so low as to leak just to put us in this position, would they? They’ve been so honorable and staightforward in the past.[/quote]

I thought the same thing. We may have already rejected their request and they now went public with it just to pressure us to change it.

Maybe Davidson should request that the Hornets move their game?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:14, topic:29769”][quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:29769”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

But now we will either shoot ourselves in the foot by not moving just to be petty and retaliatory or appear weak to our die hard fan-base. Lose-Lose.[/quote] Davidson would never sink so low as to leak just to put us in this position, would they? They’ve been so honorable and staightforward in the past.[/quote]

I thought the same thing. We may have already rejected their request and they now went public with it just to pressure us to change it.

Maybe Davidson should request that the Hornets move their game?[/quote]

This would be an extremely Bob McKillop thing to do.

[quote=“ninermike, post:13, topic:29769”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

Voice of reason.

Davidson should call the Hornets and ask them to move their game :slight_smile: Having game the same night as Golden State would probably cost us $20k or more. Die hard fans already view AD as weak. Move game and make more $. #Capitalism[/quote]

I am 100% for playing the game on on 12/1. Were playing checkers and they were playing chess in the propaganda department.

F Davidson!!!

[quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:29769”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:14, topic:29769”][quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:29769”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:9, topic:29769”]Biggest mistake was not taking action to move the game before Davidson let it leak that they requested it.

Maybe Davidson should request that the Hornets move their game?[/quote]

This would be an extremely Bob McKillop thing to do.[/quote] While I’m not in the camp that hates Judy, I’d say that rejecting their request reflexively because of Davidson’s past assholedness without considering that it might be mutually beneficial would be a very Judy Rose thing to do.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was getting ready to post the same thing.

I just read about this request on the Davidson forum. There was one mention of it. So I thought I’d see what you folks had to say about it. Most of the comments here confirm, to me, that this is indeed a Niner Nation site. Beyond the incivility, there was not a whole lot of substance. You should heed the advice of the (at least) one seemingly sane person who suggested competing head to head against the Hornets vs the world champions, led by native son Steph Curry, would place a serious strain on attendance, as well as media coverage. To the chap who stated that there would not be a lot of Davidson fans at Halton, you ought to wonder why the fans won’t drive 20 minutes to Halton , but will drive 3-4 hours to Charleston. The reason is most of the older folks who travel to games do not like to be threatened and verbally abused by a bunch of punk students, fans, or alums. The acts of some of your players have not been much better in the past. I do think that will change under your current coach. and I’m glad of that. For those of you who doubt the accounts of the actions of a virulent minority of Niner fans, you might ask Davidson’s president Carol Quillen about the abusive behavior she has experienced. I’m sure the idiots who threatened her were not aware of who she was, but were being just their own ordinary pathetic selves. I hope the date is changed because it makes sense. And I think the administration, especially including Mark Price will be both gracious and practical, and change the date. And that will give some of you more testosterone filled wannabe’s even more reason to fume at your own team.