Mr. Announcer.......

I GIVE HIM AN ESPY.

I LOVED IT.

I thought it was pretty funny too. If only he had turned on the mic when the ref got in his face…

It was totally appropriate at the moment. That ref made 6 consecutive whistles after that. However, it was inappropriate and I expect the A-10 office will be calling Judy on Monday.

[QUOTE][B]7. PUBLIC ADDRESS ANNOUNCEMENTS/SCORES[/B]
7.01 [B][COLOR=Green]The public address announcer should be professional, courteous, noncontroversial and should refrain from “cheerleading”.[/COLOR][/B] It is the responsibility of the host institution to provide the public address announcer with pronunciations and the pre-game timing format and timeout policy. Game officials are not to be introduced at any time.
7.02 The host media relations director should make every effort to provide the public address announcer with men’s and women’s basketball scores involving other Atlantic 10 institutions to be updated and announced at convenient dead ball situations. The Conference office will inform each school if a corporate sponsor needs to be included with the Atlantic 10 scoreboard.
7.03 The following announcement should be read twice at each Conference contest. Once immediately prior to the National Anthem, while the teams are lining up for the introductions and again at the first timeout of the second half. Additionally, the announcement should be repeated any time that the home team game management feels the situation warrrants. “The (name of school) and Atlantic 10 Conference promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments or other intimidating actions directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the site of competition.”
7.04 Institutions with videoboards are encouraged to have their head coach or “star player” pre-record the meassage to be shown at the appropriate times (refer to policy 7.03).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HP49er;150121]It was totally appropriate at the moment. That ref made 6 consecutive whistles after that. However, it was inappropriate and I expect the A-10 office will be calling Judy on Monday.[/QUOTE]

HP49er, you are right on the money.

If the ref made six consecutive fouls because of the comment “Its a foul” he should be out of a job.

Who cares if the A 10 office calls on Monday, maybe they will force Judy to quit???

LOL

[QUOTE=gamer;150160]If the ref made six consecutive fouls because of the comment “Its a foul” he should be out of a job.[/QUOTE]
The whistles weren’t all for fouls but he was the only zebra tooting. The other two wanted to let them play.

But I’ve never seen an official “bait” a coach for a technical like he did. When he called Bobby for the T, he was on the opposite end and side of the court.

i dont know why you guys are all complaining. i thought it was great. very funny stuff.

[U][B]The Charlotte Observer[/B][/U]

per Jim Utter:

Did he say it wrong? Minutes after Charlotte coach [B]Bobby Lutz [/B]was assessed a technical for arguing a lack of fouls called against George Washington, Colonials guard [B]Maureece Rice [/B]was whistled for a foul. The crowd broke out in applause, followed by the game announcer calling out, “It’s a foul!” over the public address system. Referee [B]Joe Demayo[/B], who called the technical on Lutz, did not take kindly to the remark and admonished the announcer.

i knew when they called the carry on withers it was going to be a long night. Other absurd calls include but not limited too, the foul on bennet as he trapped the GW player and he through it away, Alexander guarding a shot straight up, ball hits the side of the rim then the whistle blows, the travel on Lewis, and my favorite…Lewis going for a loose ball, BLATENTLY Bonsu trips him, out on Lewis.

Referee [B]Joe Demayo[/B], who called the technical on Lutz, did not take kindly to the remark and admonished the announcer.

Something tells me this guy is like 2 inches hard. [COLOR=red]http://www.umasshoops.com/games/2000-01/0109xavier/demayo_warns_bruiser.jpg[/COLOR]

Here is a picture, wow a coach almost getting a T while sitting down.

Demayo seemed to have it out for our bench during the URI game as well. He makes more calls out of his zone than any other referee I’ve seen. The previous post that stated the other 2 officials wanted to let the players play was dead on.

I can’t hear what the guy is saying…

Something tells me this guy is like 2 inches hard. [URL=http://www.umasshoops.com/games/2000-01/0109xavier/demayo_warns_bruiser.jpg][COLOR=red]http://www.umasshoops.com/games/2000-01/0109xavier/demayo_warns_bruiser.jpg[/COLOR][/URL]

Here is a picture, wow a coach almost getting a T while sitting down.

He clearly gave into the pressure from the lady in white in the stands.

My opinion on this, it was one of the best moments of the game and got the whole arena excited. Although he shouldn’t do something like that again, I’m not going to criticize him for doing what he did.

GO NINERS! :clap:

On the GW board there is a thread about DeMayo, apparently he flipped off a GW fan and is, in general, just a terrible ref. The GW posters said to just google his name and you come up with all kinds of controvresy involving him, including Chaney ripping him in a press conference:

and lots of little gems like this:

and then another coach getting t’d up by Demayo while sitting on the bench:

This guy is a nutbag on TV Ted’s level, it seems.

“Six [bleeping] calls in a row,” Chaney said

What is it about this 6 figure that keeps popping up?? Hmmm…

BTW, I thought the call was funny and warranted. So what if it’s a rule? What is the ref gonna do?

You have to pick and choose your battles, and like Bobby’s tech, this time it really was that bad.

It may have been funny, but it was not the right thing to do. The official representatives must act official. I did not see 90% of the people around me thinking it was the right thing to do. Students and fans raise all the H**l you want. I hate to get a bad rep our first season in the A10.

I don’t think that ref was very “professional” himself, being an incompetent and all.

I don't think that ref was very "professional" himself, being an incompetent and all.

The ref has just as much responsibility as the announcer to NOT being one-sided.