Mt. Pleasant H.S.

So I’m student teaching at Mt. Pleasant this semester and I have noticed a lot of kids wearing Charlotte gear around the school. More so than other schools’ gear. And I saw two of my students in the student section at the Winthrop game on Saturday. I know when I was in high school I never saw any Charlotte gear.

So what I want to know is: Is Mt. Pleasant just odd or are we actually starting to develop a fan base in the local high schools?

So I'm student teaching at Mt. Pleasant this semester and I have noticed a lot of kids wearing Charlotte gear around the school. More so than other schools' gear. And I saw two of my students in the student section at the Winthrop game on Saturday. I know when I was in high school I never saw any Charlotte gear.

So what I want to know is: Is Mt. Pleasant just odd or are we actually starting to develop a fan base in the local high schools?

You have to consider whose eyes you’re looking at this through. Before I came here I can’t remember ever noticing anybody wearing niner gear. Now, I notice it whenever I see someone. It’s probably always been there; just hadn’t noticed until now.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;382381]You have to consider whose eyes you’re looking at this through. Before I came here I can’t remember ever noticing anybody wearing niner gear. Now, I notice it whenever I see someone. It’s probably always been there; just hadn’t noticed until now.[/QUOTE]

It’s like getting a new car.

You get the car and you’re like yeah, I’ll be like one of the only people in it… then you see it everywhere you go.

That, and… well… MtP kids are pretty strange…

You have to consider whose eyes you're looking at this through. Before I came here I can't remember ever noticing anybody wearing niner gear. Now, I notice it whenever I see someone. It's probably always been there; just hadn't noticed until now.
It's like getting a new car.

You get the car and you’re like yeah, I’ll be like one of the only people in it… then you see it everywhere you go.

That, and… well… MtP kids are pretty strange…

Alright, that makes sense. And yeah, they are pretty strange. It is really weird student teaching there for me. I went to Independence so I am used to a fair amount of diversity. I have one minority in my three classes. It’s kind of a culture shock.

This is a pretty interesting topic that I don’t think has been brought up before.

I went to East Meck from fall of 1999 til spring of 2003 (right in the middle of the Niners’ “glory years”), and sadly, the entire four years I was there, I only saw one other Niners shirt worn. And this is at a school with around 1200 students. Hopefully our fanbase is growing.

Current East Meck student: “I want to be like Scotty Olson. But Dick’s doesn’t carry Charlotte t-shirts.”

I never really noticed people wearing Niner stuff when I went to Reynolds and Career Center. As far as I know, I was the only person who had worn a Niner shirt my senior year.

ninerball49 might have noticed some during his senior year, but I dont remember seeing any then, either. I will agree though that we are on the rise and definitely on peoples radar when choosing a school.

Current East Meck student: "I want to be like Scotty Olson. But Dick's doesn't carry Charlotte t-shirts."

Who wouldn’t want to be like Scotty Olson. He is basically the man.

No one at my high school wore Charlotte gear, of course I went to school in VA.

When they announced over the intercom with morning announcements that I was attending school here, the first time they just said “The University of North Carolina”, and when I corrected them they got it right, but everyone still kept asking me “Why are you going to UNC? I thought you hated them?”

I went to East Meck from fall of 2000 til spring of 2003 (right in the middle of the Niners' "glory years"), and sadly, the entire four years I was there, I only saw one other Niners shirt worn. And this is at a school with around 1200 students. Hopefully our fanbase is growing.
Pretty simple explanation....... Everyone in town read the Observer back then. Glory years, yes.... Glory stories, no..... not unless you looked on the back page. And we never had a pre-game article, even when Cincinnati, Louisville, Indiana, or Memphis came to town.

(sorry for the threadjack, but that was seriously one of our problems… we had a good product but no one knew about it)

I’ve noticed more Niner gear around in general the last couple of years than I have ever seen.

I've noticed more Niner gear around in general the last couple of years than I have ever seen.

People must see us as Lovable Losers I guess…

I went to Mount. We had a lot of people go to Charlotte. So I am not surprised.
:49ers:

Haven’t we had some baseball players from MP?

I know Chris Taylor went to Mt. Pleasent. I remember watching him crush the ball in HS.

I went to Concord and never saw any Niner gear.

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;382466]I went to Concord and never saw any Niner gear.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever see any signs of intelligence?
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Go Trojans.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Pretty simple explanation… Everyone in town read the Observer back then. Glory years, yes… Glory stories, no… not unless you looked on the back page. And we never had a pre-game article, even when Cincinnati, Louisville, Indiana, or Memphis came to town. [/QUOTE]whole lotta truth in this. but we had other problems too. namely the availability of niner gear.

I went to Concord and never saw any Niner gear.

Which is pretty sad seeing as how Concord HS is literally right down the road from campus :unhappy:

If they sell it, people will buy it.