Murphy Holloway 6'7 SF 2008

[B]Ht:[/B] 6-foot-7
[B]Wt:[/B] 185 lbs

he’s from ermo sc. he has interest from arizona, alabama, auburn, clemson, depaul, georgia, florida, memphis, miami, north carolina, ohklahoma, south carolina, [COLOR=Green]charlotte[COLOR=Black], and virginia tech.

[QUOTE][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=50697]Murphy Holloway[/URL][/B] had a double-double for the South Carolina Ravens 16U team in a 76-69 win over The Family. Holloway, a 2008 prospect, scored 16 points and secured 10 rebounds.[COLOR=Green][COLOR=Black][/QUOTE]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Irmo is right in my backyard. Maybe I should stop by and say hi :smile:

i think you should.

SC Ravens again…do we still have our connection to them? Kummer?

Bump since he is was at the game yesterday.

glad we’re in contention with some of those programs…good to see he was at the game.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;281491]glad we’re in contention with some of those programs…good to see he was at the game.[/QUOTE]

Being in contention doesn’t mean ****. Over the years we’ve been in some big time players top 5 and can’t land the recruits. We just seem to be always “in contention” but never landing. Even when we had a verbal from you know who it didn’t work out. I would like to see us land someone, not just be “in contention”.

BTW, I don’t want to hear the BS from some of you about how we can’t recruit in the A10, blah, blah, blah.

I wonder how come Xavier, Dayton, even Saint Louis are able to land Top 150’s consistently. What league are they in again?

BTW, i DVRed the Maryland game and they talked about how Vasquez idolized Diego. Mox had Diego talk to Vasquez to help him go to Maryland. Did we even make an attempt at Vasquez, why not get a former Charlotte player to recruit a player here? Hey here’s a suggestion, how about recruiting some more Venezuelan players, we have the best recruiting tool available in Diego.

Look at Utah, they continually get Aussie players, wonder why? Two words, Andrew Bogut.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;281496]Being in contention doesn’t mean ****. Over the years we’ve been in some big time players top 5 and can’t land the recruits. We just seem to be always “in contention” but never landing. Even when we had a verbal from you know who it didn’t work out. I would like to see us land someone, not just be “in contention”.

BTW, I don’t want to hear the BS from some of you about how we can’t recruit in the A10, blah, blah, blah.

I wonder how come Xavier, Dayton, even Saint Louis are able to land Top 150’s consistently. What league are they in again?

BTW, i DVRed the Maryland game and they talked about how Vasquez idolized Diego. Mox had Diego talk to Vasquez to help him go to Maryland. Did we even make an attempt at Vasquez, why not get a former Charlotte player to recruit a player here? Hey here’s a suggestion, how about recruiting some more Venezuelan players, we have the best recruiting tool available in Diego.

Look at Utah, they continually get Aussie players, wonder why? Two words, Andrew Bogut.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bumping this thread. Holloway would be a fantastic signing!

[QUOTE=survivor45;281499]

Thanks for bumping this thread. Holloway would be a fantastic signing![/QUOTE]

Yea I guess I should chill a little bit, but seriously we always seem to be “in contention” over the past years and we never land. I hope we turn it around and start signing, but who knows. Maybe Lutz’s contract is a big deal, by the time most these players are able to sign his future will be clear.

I mean I know what you’re saying…I’m just saying it does mean something to be on an interest list with all those schools, whether he ends up here or not. I think our recruiting is picking up after the scheduling this season, and other factors too.

Being in contention doesn't mean ****. Over the years we've been in some big time players top 5 and can't land the recruits. We just seem to be always "in contention" but never landing. Even when we had a verbal from you know who it didn't work out. I would like to see us land someone, not just be "in contention".

Look at Utah, they continually get Aussie players, wonder why? Two words, Andrew Bogut.

Hey, you’ve got to be in it to win it, as they say, but I know we almost never seem to land these guys we’re in “contention for”. It is frustrating, but you have to keep trying. What other option do you have?

I’ll take being in contention any day with these guys. All it takes is one or two guys to come your way and that opens the door for more highly recruited guys to give you “looks”

We have been close so many times, but this is better than not being close at all. But, part of being a successful coach is being a salesman that can close the deal. A lot of times, being a great recruiter can cover up coaching definciencies. Just look at Mack Brown and Rick Barnes at Texas, neither can really coach their way out of a paper bag, but they are able to compete at the highest level because they have supreme talent. Mack Brown would make the best used car salesman ever. His “ah shucks sir/mam” have parents dropping their kids off at his office daily. You have to be able to sell your program, and make negatives appear as positives.

But, part of being a successful coach is being a salesman that can close the deal. A lot of times, being a great recruiter can cover up coaching definciencies. Just look at Mack Brown and Rick Barnes at Texas, neither can really coach their way out of a paper bag, but they are able to compete at the highest level because they have supreme talent. Mack Brown would make the best used car salesman ever. His "ah shucks sir/mam" have parents dropping their kids off at his office daily. You have to be able to sell your program, and make negatives appear as positives.

Great example. Even recently, you have two solid players that have made those two “great” coaches. Vince Young and Kevin Durant. Same goes for Coach Odom a while back at Wake. He landed Tim Duncan, and he’s a Coach of the year in the NCAA. Then all of a sudden he’s a mediocre coach again.

Rivals.com: Murphy Holloway profile

Scout.com: Murphy Holloway profile

ESPN.com: Murphy Holloway excels at Gibbons Clinic [NOTE: this is an “Insider” piece]

Prepstars.com: Holloway [NOTE: as with ESPN Insider, you need subscription to read beyond these snippets]

Courier-Journal.com: A basketball fix [NOTE: see 2nd bulleted paragraph]

ESPN.com: [B][URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/insider/news/story?id=2844028&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncaa%2frecruiting%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2844028]Murphy Holloway excels at Gibbons Clinic[/URL][/B] [NOTE: this is an "Insider" piece]
The most impressive overall player was explosive 6-7 wing forward [URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42909][U][COLOR=#000000]Murphy Holloway[/COLOR][/U][/URL], (Irmo, S.C./Dutch Fork), the top 2008 prospect in South Carolina who will be rated among the top 30 players nationally. He is an accurate outside shooter, literally flies to the hoop and is an excellent rebounder, shot blocker, passer and defensive player. In short, he has the total package and was the most exciting performer in the event.

That’s quite a bit of praise from Mr. Bob Gibbons!

[SIZE=2]

[SIZE=2]23 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots per game last year[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=2]And here’s a recent news article: http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/258327.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Man, I hope we can land him.[/SIZE]

Maybe I’m missing something, but other than him being at our game vs. Maryland, I haven’t seen us listed with him, per rivals and scout. How do we have a shot at this guy if we aren’t even being mentioned? You sure he wasn’t coming to see Maryland? Not trying to discount our squad but their was a higher profile name on that court a few nights ago.

Same goes for Coach Odom a while back at Wake. He landed Tim Duncan, and he's a Coach of the year in the NCAA. Then all of a sudden he's a mediocre coach again.

Another perfect example!

Rivals.com: [B][URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=50697&Sport=2]Murphy Holloway profile[/URL][/B]

Scout.com: Murphy Holloway profile

ESPN.com: Murphy Holloway excels at Gibbons Clinic [NOTE: this is an “Insider” piece]

Prepstars.com: Holloway [NOTE: as with ESPN Insider, you need subscription to read beyond these snippets]

Courier-Journal.com: A basketball fix [NOTE: see 2nd bulleted paragraph]

Neither Rivals or Scout has us listed.

Here’s a pic…