Murphy Holloway 6'7 SF 2008

Maybe I'm missing something, but other than him being at our game vs. Maryland, I haven't seen us listed with him, per rivals and scout. How do we have a shot at this guy if we aren't even being mentioned? You sure he wasn't coming to see Maryland? Not trying to discount our squad but their was a higher profile name on that court a few nights ago.

dax’s first post lists Charlotte but not Maryland. Rivals & Scout do not mention Maryland, either. He’s from South Carolina and plays for the Ravens AAU team, whom we have been known to scout.

Not saying there isn’t heavy competition for him (there IS), but most indications point toward a Charlotte visit. Visits are always good.

EDIT:

:ohmy:

wait a minute…at the clemson game …like…to watch us? wtf?

he has a GREAT first name…

oh yeah. he can play a bit, too, apparently.

wait a minute...at the clemson game ...like...to watch us? wtf?

Am I the only one who kinda hopes he gets stuck in traffic and doesn’t make it to see that game?

Am I the only one who kinda hopes he gets stuck in traffic and doesn't make it to see that game?

not really…if he’s going to one of OUR away games as a recruit, that’s impressive. in fact, i’m not sure i’ve ever heard of that.

Rivals nor Scout are “up-to-the-minute” information wise. They can at times be months behind on info. They have a massive amount of content that they have to manage.

From a poster on a Tarhole board…

Murphy Holloway did not commit to UNC. He was down to 2 schools a month ago, but UNC was not one of them (UNC has not offered nor will they, IMO). One of the schools came to see him and did not offer. I know that many claim to have sources, but my source is Murphy himself. I have not seen him since Christmas break, but I would not believe he would to commit to anyone yet. I know who his leader is, but I do not feel as though I should say. [b]I believe he will end up in prep school (something that he and I have talked about).[/b] By the way I am not a student, but a teacher there.

Posted on 12/21 10:58 PM

Link: NorthCarolina.Rivals.com

[QUOTE=ninerball49;281798]not really…if he’s going to one of OUR away games as a recruit, that’s impressive. in fact, i’m not sure i’ve ever heard of that.[/QUOTE]

Not Clemson though…half off their players were recruted by us.

From Sept. 2007…

Mike Hughes of Insidetheville.com reported earlier that Richard Pitino was in Irmo, S.C., this afternoon visiting Dutch Fork High standout Murphy Holloway. The 6-foot-7 Holloway is friends with U of L commitment Samardo Samuels and target Tyreke Evans. Holloway told the website that Louisville, Clemson and Florida are his leaders.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/labels/Murphy%20Holloway.html

signed with Ole Miss today.

signed with Ole Miss today.
Now that Andy Kennedy has gotten the change out of his pocket, he's doing a heck of a job at a place no one would call a basketball school.
Now that Andy Kennedy has gotten the change out of his pocket, he's doing a heck of a job at a place no one would call a basketball school.
half of that school and town doesn't know they have basketball.

[QUOTE=survivor45;282226]signed with Ole Miss today.[/QUOTE]

So much for going to the Clemson game I guess.