My East Meck Eagles...

Just took down those chumps from Butler :shades::biggrin::tongue:

E-Doggs!!!

Statesville took down Mooresville.
Greyhounds!
Greyhounds!

My Red Raiders from Belmont South Point, number nine in the sweet 16 poll, took down Forestview in a no contest 35-16 beating. Big Red has rolled up a 7-0 record, but has stern tests up soon against Charlotte Latin (#2 in the sweet 16) next Friday and a Big South battle with North Gaston (#9 in the sweet 16) also on the horizon. Then wrapping the season up against Crest. The late season slate is brutal, but coach Devine will have them ready! GO BIG RED!

I don’t understand how South Point is your team. You went to Gaston Day which doesn’t even have football.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;261865]I don’t understand how South Point is your team. You went to Gaston Day which doesn’t even have football.[/QUOTE]

I can claim SPH because my parents live 5 minutes from the school, I went to their games when I was in HS and because I do live in Belmont and Belmont is all about the Big Red.

On a side note I am amazed that the NC High School Association has not made them change their name. I am glad they haven’t had to, but every year I am expecting them to be forced to.

Where is Indy ranked now that they have lost once?

[QUOTE=49or bust;261867]Where is Indy ranked now that they have lost once?[/QUOTE]

http://www.charlotte.com/preps/story/316960.html

http://www.charlotte.com/preps/story/316960.html

Isn’t there also a national ranking or something? Where are they on that?

[QUOTE=49or bust;261876]Isn’t there also a national ranking or something? Where are they on that?[/QUOTE]

Not ranked in the top 25.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kevin_armstrong/10/09/top25.week6/index.html

[QUOTE=WBNiner;261866]I can claim SPH because my parents live 5 minutes from the school, I went to their games when I was in HS and because I do live in Belmont and Belmont is all about the Big Red.

On a side note I am amazed that the NC High School Association has not made them change their name. I am glad they haven’t had to, but every year I am expecting them to be forced to.[/QUOTE]

They won’t have to change the nickname, just the logos. High Point Andrews has the same nickname. Guilford County made them change their logo, but they allowed them to keep the nickname. Their logo used to be a noble Indian with a large headress, it now looks like a Zorro character. The NCHSAA has not entered that fight yet. It’s been up to the individual school systems thus far. When they get a lawsuit on their hands, then they’ll make South Point change their logos. Here’s what you have to look forward to:

Forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

[COLOR=Green][B][SIZE=5][CENTER]Go big I!!![/CENTER][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Beating down the Snobidence Panthers 43-7!

[QUOTE=Powerbait;261893]Forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Who is that question directed at?

Why is there an issue about HS mascots?

Why is there an issue about HS mascots?

South Point’s mascot is the “red raiders” and it is an indian.

Oh. Thanks.

Some big games tonight!

http://www.charlotte.com/preps/story/325198.html

One of the biggest games taking place in the state tonight is in Belmont! The Red Raiders are taking on Charlotte Latin in a battle of the unbeatens. It will be South Point’s ground attack vs. the Latin aerial assualt. Latin’s Braden Hanson (committed to North Carolina - Chapel Hill) has 22 touchdown passes. South Point has scored 25 or more in every game and has topped 50 twice. Should be a good game and anyone sitting at home with nothing to do tonight should come on over to Belmont, but get there early! They started selling PSLs… yes PSLs in HS… so tickets might be hard to get if you wait until that last minute. GO BIG RED!

[QUOTE=Chisox17;261845]Just took down those chumps from Butler :shades::biggrin::tongue:[/QUOTE]

East Meck’s coach, Greg Hill, was the defensive coordinator for us (Eastern Alamance) when I was in high school. Glad to see Coach Hill doing well!

BTW, my Eastern Eagles are 7-1!

Go East Meck! Alumnus as well.