My printed Observer has NO Niner story

We put our $1.50 into an Observer box in Huntersville this morning just to read about our loss. We saw NO article about the game. UNC had half the front page and another entire page. Duke and Wake each had one page each. NOTHING ABOUT THE NINERS. WHY?

The embarassing thing was that we had overnight guests from out-of-town that witnessed their first live Niner game. They thought the atmosphere in Halton was great and they were impressed with our program and NCAA banners. They were shocked when they saw no article this morning. I was speechless.

I will even give the Observer employees that post on this board a chance to explain. We bought the Observer at the Bob Evans at Exit 25. Now, please explain what is going on. Why did 3 other teams in NC receive 3 and a half pages while we received NOTHING?

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 03:17 PM [b] I will even give the Observer employees that post on this board a chance to explain. We bought the Observer at the Bob Evans at Exit 25. Now, please explain what is going on. Why did 3 other teams in NC receive 3 and a half pages while we received NOTHING? [/b]
I live in East Lincoln (10 minutes from exit 25) and get the paper delivered. Niners own the front page Sports. TIDE TURNS ON 49ERS; 102-101 3 OT with huge color Photo of Winston hitting the game winner and almost an entire page inside with another large photo of an Iti block. Two stories. UNC was on the side of front page with NO PHOTO on the front.

I guess the game ended too late for the late. In the paper delivered to my house this morning we had a huge picture on the front of the sports page and a couple more pics inside. There were 2 stories on the game.

If anyone did have the story in their printed version of the Observer please let me know. I don’t know if was due to an early Mecklenburg County edition or because of some other rumors I have heard. Or does anyone on this board even read the Observer any more?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 03:30 PM [b] I guess the game ended too late. In the paper delivered to my house this morning we had a huge picture on the fromt of the sports page and a couple more pics inside. There were 2 stories on the game. [/b]
Lutzfan and Lefty, ignore my post immediately following yours. We must have been posting at the same time. It looks like I bought an early edition or something. Thanks for the info.

Most days have three editions, Sunday paper has two. If things end late (as a three-overtime game delayed 31 minutes at the start would), it makes it difficult to get into the early edition. When deadline comes, you go with what you’ve got. If you bought at a convenience store in Mecklenburg, I’d like to know where. South Iredell gets the early edition because of truck routes. If you came all the way into Huntersville, that shouldn’t be the case. Of course, I only control content, not circulation or delivery patterns. It’s even tougher to make sure high schools get into the correct edition. Lake, send me a PM with your address and I’ll mail you a city edition if you like. That shouldn’t have happened in Huntersville.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 03:31 PM [b] I don't know if was due to an early Mecklenburg County edition or because of some other rumors I have heard. [/b]
And when you PM me, tell me what this means if you would.
[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 04:08 PM [b] If you bought at a convenience store in Mecklenburg, I'd like to know where. South Iredell gets the early edition because of truck routes. If you came all the way into Huntersville, that shouldn't be the case.

That shouldn’t have happened in Huntersville.

[/b]

Thanks for responding Mike. As I stated in the thread’s originating post we bought the paper after having breakfast at the Bob Evans Restaurant in Huntersville (across from Birkdale) at Exit 25. The restaurant has an Observer box.

If we got the early edition I understand; but our guests were a little surprised that nothing was in the paper.

You don’t need to send me an edition. I read the articles on line. Nice articles too.