My thoughts on the game

I just got back from my trip to Charlotte. First off, you guys have an awesome looking campus. It ranks up high on my list of good looking colleges. The area of town was nice as well.

We were surprised to see as much crimson in the crowd as there was. It was a good atmosphere, and your student section kept our section on our toes the whole night.

You guys can shoot, flat out. We expected the game to get real ugly real quick.

I know you guys weren’t happy with the outcome, but it was a great win for Alabama. You guys played lights out and tested us. I hope we can build on this since we won a 3 overtime away game after 3 of our starters fouled out.

All in all, the trip was great as was the game. Roll Tide!

what is your opinion on the technical fouls and the mysterious jump ball.

In my experiences with officiating, I’ve come to learn that the majority of calls will always go to the visiting team. The technical foul on the dunk was warranted since he did a spin move while hanging on the rim. The one of the coach, in my mind, was warranted since he had been going off on the refs quite a bit.

The jump ball, well, I really don’t know about that one. I’m guessing the ref would call it a judgement call. It’s pretty much just a matter of how the luck falls with things like that.

It was a good/great game. Definately hardfought by both teams. Only thing I can say is that Winston is a stud. We couldn’t stop him in the OTs and we didn’t exploit his foul trouble during that same stretch. Was going to be a huge win (especially the way it played out) for either team, just happens that last night was your night (grrrrr). Nice showing by the Bama fans as well.

About Winston, he had three fouls and then he was the guy Plavich ran into grabbing a rebound in one of the OTs or end of regulation and got some foul shots for. The scoreboard had Winston with 3 fouls BEFORE that, but didn’t charge him with a 4th. Meaning when he picked up his 4th later in the OTs that would have been his 5th. Don’t know if the scoreboard was off by one or is somehow that foul on Plav was called on another Bama player. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that or knows if that Plav rebound was called on another Bama player? Or if I just got the wrong player, I could swear it was #3, but might have been #5(the guy who Plav ran into).

And it was a great game, Bama fans travel well and got loud at certain points(and almost always set down the next possession as we tended to answer back all night until the very end). Good crowds, except the idiots throwing stuff on the court. Didn’t hear a lot of bickering after the game either, nice to see fans show each other respect.

There were a number of ‘off’ calls (Basden being called for blocking on an obvious charge by Winston late, etc.) but on the EJ rebound, I honestly thought Alabama was TRYING to foul him to stop the clock. Then all of a sudden, they called jump ball…I couldnt believe it.

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 05:41 PM [b] There were a number of 'off' calls (Basden being called for blocking on an obvious charge by Winston late, etc.) but on the EJ rebound, I honestly thought Alabama was TRYING to foul him to stop the clock. Then all of a sudden, they called jump ball...I couldnt believe it. [/b]
Same here.