Name Confusion Log

This appears to be a company started by former Charlotte 49ers men’s basketball player (6’11" center) Jermaine Parker. Hope he does extremely well.

How about @KnightsBaseball last night thinking Arkansas & UNCC were playing😂 #CmonMan

The company I work for has Charlotte as a prospect. I thought the account record was interesting, given UNC Cheat is actually a customer…

If I’m reading that screenshot right, and as I understand it as it was explained to me, much of our Athletic Foundation investing is pooled in the tarhole’s account to get better return.

Obviously the loss of this poor young lady’s life dwarfs any concerns we have over people getting the name wrong.

I see that a GoFundMe was set up for burial expenses. $13,513 has been raised and they were looking for $7000. Good for the generous people that have reached out to help. I do not know the Roger’s family’s situation and if they need this I am glad people helped.

More generically I wonder why nobody seems to be able to bury their loved ones without strangers picking up the tab anymore. My middle income parents would have sold a car and walked to work to bury me if necessary, and they certainly could have asked family for help. Going to strangers would have been considered a major failing in their parental responsibilities.

Did her parents set up the page or did someone else? Seems like many “caring people” are taking it upon themselves to set up these pages in times like this. In some cases , help is warranted, but it seems some pages are being set up just to set them up.
In any event, this is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to her family and friends. It is especially sad her being a Charlotte student, and like a daughter to me.

Just to be clear, I was very careful to say that I did not know her family’s situation and glad they got help if they needed it. Then I started a new paragraph and said “More generically” because I did not want to speak in terms of her situation. No doubt this tragedy spurred my thoughts and comment, but I did not mean this as pointed to her. Regardless, I am sorry for your loss.

Sorority sisters set up the page.

Edit - lets not hijack this thread however. To get back on topic, why do recruits and the Twitter universe still call us unc-charlotte?

Because it’s still unfortunately the legal name of the University?

There hasn’t been a hyphen in the uni name since 1979, though. Random punctuation is random.

1976 I believe.

clt says we should suggest a name change.

University of Charlotte

:confused::confused::confused::confused:[quote=“emf, post:2054, topic:12347, full:true”]

[/quote]

clt says that is a mess

I just ordered my Monday lunch for delivery from Wrapway, maybe I should have skipped them out of principle.

Wrapway is a new Mediterranean wrap place that is opening its doors in Charlotte, North Carolina nearby the University of North Carolina campus.

Tijuana Flats is similarly confused

https://tijuanaflats.com/stores/unc/

How can they get our name so wrong?

I have reached out to both restaurants to have their websites edited.