Name Confusion Log

And of course Lt Koch received his MBA from UNC Charlotte in 2002. I wonder if he made the mistake, or the Observer misquoted him?

Observer. They neither get nor deserve the benefit of the doubt.

clt is shocked the observer is still in business.

I wonder how many alums think they attended a branch campus of UNC-Chapel Hill? There has to be a few, Iā€™ve seen tweets from current students and parents of students that indicate as much.

EDIT: not a misquote, hereā€™s video https://www.wcnc.com/video/news/raw-cmpd-updates-shooting-outside-uncc-center-city-campus/275-1bd796cc-202a-492c-87e1-b3fe36530d74

2 Likes

Put him in the Alumni Hall of Shame thread.

1 Like

Probably a slip of tongue, as he did say UNC Charlotte two other times in the video.

1 Like

Yes. Good journalism would quote him ā€¦ā€œUNC [Charlotte]ā€ or UNC (sic).
SOOO, Observer still sucks.

McClatchy, which owns 29 daily newspapers including the Charlotte Observer, Raleigh News & Observer, Durham Herald-Sun and The State (Columbia, SC), is offering voluntary buyouts to 450 employees (13% of their staff). This follows 140 jobs they cut in August. McClatchy is not saying what will happen if less than 450 accept their offer, but since this is about cost reduction I have a guess.

I believe we can count on the Observer to cover the Panthers and Hornets until they lock the doors, but I see us getting very little coverage no matter what we do because there will be nobody left to cover us. College sports coverage will continue to be a reprint of News & Observer ACC stories, as the N&O only has the Hurricanes in the Triangle area. I am not sure you could find an example of a newspaper in this country that has recently ā€œturned it aroundā€. They are dying a sad death. I expect their distribution model to fail them soon, as routes will no longer support the carriers. This may be the final nail in the coffin.

An LSU fan told me at lunch today that they were never very good in basketball and that they barely beat
UNCC-Greensboro by 97-91 this season.

Hereā€™s one example, The Seattle Times. Saw this the other day and Iā€™m fascinated with this strategy that has seen positive results. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s sustainable, but theyā€™ve found something that works.

Another one for the logā€¦

He might get help from a change in scheme, at least ā€” Healy named former Willie Fritz assistant Alex Atkins as his first UNCC offensive coordinator. Atkins worked for the run-happy Fritz at both Georgia Southern and Tulane, recently as offensive line coach. Weā€™ll see what he tries in his first year, but odds are good it will feature Benny.

Received this via email from our own athletic department!

https://charlotte49ers.com/html_emails/20190226_112122_376214040.html?elinkdata=@ELINKDATA@&utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=charlotte49ers.com&utm_campaign=Baseball+Gameday!+Men's+Basketball+Senior+Day%2C+Baseball+and+Softball+Home+This+Weekend&utm_content=728f0daf-399d-4be3-9170-def3de30c5d2

A friend sent me this tonight when I asked him his thoughts on the petition.

clt says lions shouldnā€™t worry about the opinions of sheep

1 Like

ā€¦and it is so well writtenā€¦smh

The great thing about being an App grad is that you have time to write things like that before your shift starts at Target.

3 Likes

Post that to the facebook group 2k!

Good griefā€¦people are so stupid

1 Like

We need to start linking the thread to any of the doubters. Iā€™m not sure how you could read some of these instances and not start questioning the name.