Name Confusion Log

From Big O piece announcing college signings by local high school athletes:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article242032941.html

Outgoing UNC Chancellor Phil Dubois shares final thoughts, what comes next

clt provides the CBJ headline from today

Trying to set up an account to view my serology testing results. Proving my identity by answering a set of questions against official public records.

Did I attend “The University of North Carolina” or “None of the above”?

Well, “None of the Above” was the correct answer. Wow.

I guess that is their way of saying “The University of North Carolina” is the one in Chapel Hill. You went to UNCCCharlotte.

clt says that is the final exam question for UNC CHeat athletes.

2 Likes

The current president, Sharon Gaber, will be leaving UT for a new job at the University of North Carolina on July 1. Gaber’s current salary is $515,000.

Wrong on a few different levels.

I figured those would be shipped out to third world countries like many of these kinds of things are.

I just saw how far back this thread goes, and honestly someone needs to compile all of this in a nice way and then present it as a part of a campaign to #AdoptTheUofC

5 Likes

Welcome back to the ultimate Niner echo chamber Grace.

2 Likes

GRACE!

I’d reply with your name but I’m not sure who this is haha

I see me! Also, the reason we do #RollNiners is because during football season “#GoNiners” autopopulates the SF 49ers logo. It’s the same with #KeepPounding and the Panthers logo. Roll Niners is the way around it

The reason we do #RollNiners is because during football season “#GoNiners” autopopulates the SF 49ers logo. It’s the same with #KeepPounding and the Panthers logo. Roll Niners is the way around it

Thank you for explaining this!! I’ve been completely lost as to why RollNiners was so favored by current students and recent alums on social media.

1 Like

Let’s just use Ulrick style tags to get around the SF thing.

#GO #NINERS

Roll _____ is definitely seen more from high schools and colleges, almost never for professional sports. So even without the SF 49ers logo, #Niners will often lead to SF content

It was a joke. Most on this board will get it!

2 Likes

We are just old, sheets. I don’t know what hashtags actually do. I don’t have a twitter machine.

1 Like