Name Confusion Log

Until UNC-Chapel Hill starts getting confused for us nothing is likely to happen.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:1901, topic:12347ā€]Until UNC-Chapel Hill starts getting confused for us nothing is likely to happen.[/quote]Sad and probably true.

I understand your argument here, but youā€™re severely downplaying the difference between ā€œUNCā€ and your other examples.

ā€œUCā€ means many things to many people.
Same for ā€œUNLā€ and ā€œUT.ā€

Walk into any sports bar, anywhere in the country and say, ā€œUNCā€ and thereā€™s a good chance every single person will KNOW youā€™re talking about Chapel Hill. Hell, walk into any sports bar in an English speaking country and youā€™ll get the same.

It is not apples to apples at all.

Right now we are viewed as essentially the Diet version of UNCā€™s Coke.

https://twitter.com/SPORTalkUNCC What is ā€œUNC Charlotte Univ.ā€ ?

A step in the right direction. Evolutionarily, the improvement usually develops before the original is dropped.

Itā€™s going to be an awkward couple of generations.

From Ninercentral

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:1907, topic:12347ā€]From Ninercentral[/quote] Well, thatā€™s ignorant. Also, not likely to encourage sales.

Video board confusion

[quote=ā€œemf, post:1909, topic:12347ā€]Video board confusion
https://mobile.twitter.com/zniber_salim/status/656283928509206528/video/1[/quote]

Iā€™m confused. Could someone point out what I should be looking at?

Video board flash that the most local university for the panthers is the university of North Carolina

[quote=ā€œemf, post:1909, topic:12347ā€]Video board confusion
https://mobile.twitter.com/zniber_salim/status/656283928509206528/video/1[/quote]

Where?

clt says this didnā€™t happen before the belk tower was destroyed.

For some reason, the Seahawks video doesnā€™t work if itā€™s in mobile (at least for me). Use the regular version, and the video works.

[quote=ā€œSF4Nynah, post:1914, topic:12347ā€]For some reason, the Seahawks video doesnā€™t work if itā€™s in mobile (at least for me). Use the regular version, and the video works.

https://twitter.com/zniber_salim/status/656283928509206528/video/1[/quote]

That explains why I couldnā€™t figure out what was going on. Video wasnā€™t working. Thanks!

I canā€™t believed they dissed App that way. Do the folks in Seattle need to see a trucker map?

clt provides two headlines from the o:

One is about the UNC system, the other is about UNC-CH amazingly convincing a player to join the school with the largest academic fraud case in NCAA history.

Both use UNC, and only one is correct.

clt provides comment from a davidson fan:

If the dramatic changes of the campus landscape of UNCC over the past few years is any indication, the UNCC we know now and the UNCC we know in 10 years will be very different places. I doubt Priceā€™s team will ever see that big a loss against a non-power-5 and Big East opponent ever again. If Price can build this team (and I think he will), the C-USA is a great place for the Niners to be. UAB, MTSU and WKU will be pretty good to good year in and year out. ODU, UTEP, and La Tech have good years. The top half of that conference has a legitimate chance of going to a post-season tournament each year. The bottom half isnā€™t great. UNCC, with some investment and stewardship, can move from middle of the bottom to middle of the top within 2-3 years. The niners will be back.

Also, I expect within a decade UNCC will pay some fancy branding company to find out that we already know - changing the universityā€™s name to ā€œThe University of Charlotteā€ a la ā€œThe University of Louisvilleā€ or ā€œThe University of Cincinnatiā€ will go a long way to dropping the false perception of that institution as a minor branch campus.

[quote=ā€œcltniners, post:1918, topic:12347ā€]clt provides comment from a davidson fan:

If the dramatic changes of the campus landscape of UNCC over the past few years is any indication, the UNCC we know now and the UNCC we know in 10 years will be very different places. I doubt Priceā€™s team will ever see that big a loss against a non-power-5 and Big East opponent ever again. If Price can build this team (and I think he will), the C-USA is a great place for the Niners to be. UAB, MTSU and WKU will be pretty good to good year in and year out. ODU, UTEP, and La Tech have good years. The top half of that conference has a legitimate chance of going to a post-season tournament each year. The bottom half isnā€™t great. UNCC, with some investment and stewardship, can move from middle of the bottom to middle of the top within 2-3 years. The niners will be back.

Also, I expect within a decade UNCC will pay some fancy branding company to find out that we already know - changing the universityā€™s name to ā€œThe University of Charlotteā€ a la ā€œThe University of Louisvilleā€ or ā€œThe University of Cincinnatiā€ will go a long way to dropping the false perception of that institution as a minor branch campus.[/quote]

Not sure why we have to wait a decade but I like his optimism on the matter. We should have done this 10 years ago if not more. The entire thing is so simple and asinine itā€™s pristine in itā€™s stupidity.

^^^^can I use that ā€œpristine in its stupidityā€ line?