Naming Announcement - Tuesday 6/11 - Put your guesses here

At $5 million for a startup don’t think we should be too picky and the majority of corporate names on a stadium suck anyways. If it makes you feel any better we own Frigidaire too so that could be a possiblity.

I guess that’s just part of the price of doing business[/quote]

Well Honest Niner Stadium did not sound great. Memorial added a nice touch of class to it. Plus until I can transfer my being into a super computer I will die one day. No sense in putting off the name until then.

Likely will be a major donor or prominent alumnus/strong connection to the school. Belk, Everett, Levine? Sabates? Fretwell?
If history holds up it won’t be a corporate sponsor.

At $5 million for a startup don’t think we should be too picky and the majority of corporate names on a stadium suck anyways. If it makes you feel any better we own Frigidaire too so that could be a possiblity.[/quote]

Any ideas for how long this contract will be for? 5 years seams reasonable.

At $5 million for a startup don’t think we should be too picky and the majority of corporate names on a stadium suck anyways. If it makes you feel any better we own Frigidaire too so that could be a possiblity.[/quote]

As a startup, I doubt we’ll be too picky. Was just invoking an old tired joke…played baseball with a guy named Hoover. Regardless of his play, we always joked that he sucked because he was named after a vacuum.

Somehow that one flew over my head…nice one.

A small hint from Coach Ratliff on Twitter.

Press Conference for Charlotte 49ers stadium naming rights is Tuesday, June 11th. Single largest contribution ever given to our University.

[quote=“sydh, post:27, topic:27848”]A small hint from Coach Ratliff on Twitter.

Press Conference for Charlotte 49ers stadium naming rights is Tuesday, June 11th. Single largest contribution ever given to our [b]University[/b].
[/quote]

If that is accurate then that means its more than the Levine gift a few years back. However I bet it’s just the largest Athletics gift, not entire University. Either way I can’t wait to hear who it is…

Press Conference for Charlotte 49ers stadium naming rights is Tuesday, June 11th. Single largest contribution ever given to our University.
[/quote]I think Leon Levine's $9.3 million is the bar to get over, so if this is true it is a big check.

[/quote] [s]Levine Scholars was $9.3M over 10 years. Think that's the largest.[/s] Beat to it. Best I can find is the stadium naming rights were being marketed at $5M.

Yes.

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/613433/uncc-gets-major-contribution-for-scholarship-program/

[b]The Leon Levine Foundation is funding the largest individual donation in UNC Charlotte’s history[/b], as millions of dollars will go toward establishing a merit scholarship program in an effort to attract some of the best student leaders in the country to be Charlotte 49ers.

According to Philip Dubois, UNCC chancellor, the Levine Scholars Program has committed to providing $9.3 million over the next 10 years for the scholarship program.

Does this cash go to paying off the stadium?

I could see it being Levine, Queens new athletics complex on campus is the Levine Center…

Engineering company makes sense too…

For more toilets, haha.

For more toilets, haha.[/quote]

Couldn’t make it to the spring game. Do we have those awful troughs with no privacy??

[quote=“sydh, post:31, topic:27848”]Yes.

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/613433/uncc-gets-major-contribution-for-scholarship-program/

[b]The Leon Levine Foundation is funding the largest individual donation in UNC Charlotte’s history[/b], as millions of dollars will go toward establishing a merit scholarship program in an effort to attract some of the best student leaders in the country to be Charlotte 49ers.

According to Philip Dubois, UNCC chancellor, the Levine Scholars Program has committed to providing $9.3 million over the next 10 years for the scholarship program.

[/quote]
Levine’s was the largest by an “individual” I guess, but I believe Duke Energy and the other “EPIC” companies gave $10M each or maybe Levine’s gift was prior to EPIC checks.

Couldn’t make it to the spring game. Do we have those awful troughs with no privacy??[/quote]
Nope, no troughs. According to Judy there aren’t enough toilets to accommodate people in temp seats, so port-a-jons would be needed.

Couldn’t make it to the spring game. Do we have those awful troughs with no privacy??[/quote]
Nope, no troughs. According to Judy there aren’t enough toilets to accommodate people in temp seats, so port-a-jons would be needed.[/quote]If you’ve ever been to a golf tournament they probably had temporary restroom trailers. They are certainly no port-a-jon. Hopefully this is the direction we would go.

[quote=“SF4Nynah, post:13, topic:27848”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:8, topic:27848”]I was trying to keep a lid on this but since it will be announced soon I guess there’s no harm in saying it now.

Will be called Honest Niner Memorial Stadium.

Feel freeto leave congratulatory remarks below:[/quote]

Honest Niner Memorial Stadium? Wouldn’t that mean you’re dead?[/quote]

RIP Brah!

Just responding to the ones that have guessed Levine or Family Dollar. I highly doubt that this would be it. Levine has made a habit of donating to academic causes. The only exception I have seen is the Levine Center at Queen’s.