National Parks

For those that have been to Glacier what are the odds of seeing Big horn sheep and grizzly bears? Both animals always seem rather elusive at the parks I’ve been to.

You will likely see Big Horn sheep and mountain goats around Logans pass. I’ve seen big horn on the hidden lake trail as well as the Highline Trail . Both trails begin at Logans Pass. Take these two trails. They are crazy good. You can see griz most likely on the road to the Ice Berg Lake Trail head. If you have time, go to into Canada and travel up to Banff NP and Jasper. The Canadian rockies offer a whole different experience.

I saw a bighorn sheep hiking up to Siyeh pass. Didn’t see any grizzlies, but saw a huge brown bear along the going to the sun road. I also saw quite a few fresh bear droppings on the trail, so they were probably around.

If you have time, go to into Canada and travel up to Banff NP and Jasper. The Canadian rockies offer a whole different experience.
Yes indeed. I went heli skiing up there, and will never forget the experience of wearing the avalanche beacon and the chopper dropping us off on the tops of some of those peaks. Talk about an adrenline rush.

Anyone going up that way needs to check out Lake Louise too.