NC A & T Chancellor resigns

Dr. Battle has only been there two years.

[URL=http://www.ncat.edu/announcements/spring09/battle.html][B][U]Chancellor Battle to Resign June 30th from N.C. A&T[/U][/B][/URL], NC A & T

[URL=http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/02/24/article/battle_resigns_from_nc_at][B][U]Battle resigns from N.C. A&T[/U][/B][/URL], Greensboro News & Record

I know of a fine replacement…

I can see him at an A & T football game.:lmao:

Well it IS a bit closer to Chapel Hill…

You won’t see UNC-Chapel Hill apparel on that campus.

Speaking of clothing, I drove through the UNC Greensboro campus this morning and saw names of many schools. I decided to have lunch at a local landmark, Yum-Yums. The first person who walks in after me is a seriously gay looking student, with a UNC-CH hoodie on. And about minute later, a coed comes in with Tar Heel logo pants. My hot dogs didn’t taste so good after that.

[QUOTE=HP49er;386875]Speaking of clothing, I drove through the UNC Greensboro campus this morning and saw names of many schools. I decided to have lunch at a local landmark, Yum-Yums. The first person who walks in after me is a seriously gay looking student, with a UNC-CH hoodie on. And about minute later, a coed comes in with Tar Heel logo pants. My hot dogs didn’t taste so good after that.[/QUOTE]

Do I get a pass if I wear Charlotte green?

At UNCG? Of course, I give passes anywhere I see Charlotte gear. My oldest son wears it regularly over there. FYI, their softball coach, Jennifer Herzig, is a Niner grad.

[QUOTE=HP49er;386908]At UNCG? Of course, I give passes anywhere I see Charlotte gear. My oldest son wears it regularly over there. FYI, their softball coach, Jennifer Herzig, is a Niner grad.[/QUOTE]

SWEET! Ill be playing lax and revamping their team. CHarlotte will be well represented on campus

I decided to have lunch at a local landmark, Yum-Yums.

I love me some Yum-Yums. Most schools seem to have some restaurant that everyone remembers and identifies with the school. Someplace student friendly, not too concerned with cleanliness, and some longevity. A place you want to go back to when you return. For me it used to be Herlocker’s.

I lived in Knoxville and it was the OCI (Old College Inn). I lived in Raleigh and it was Char-Grill (the original on Hillsborough St). In Chapel Hill it is The Rat.

Anyone got a place for UNC Charlotte? I am at a loss.

[QUOTE=metro;386797]I know of a fine replacement…[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[QUOTE=Nugget;388671]I love me some Yum-Yums. Most schools seem to have some restaurant that everyone remembers and identifies with the school. Someplace student friendly, not too concerned with cleanliness, and some longevity. A place you want to go back to when you return. For me it used to be Herlocker’s.

I lived in Knoxville and it was the OCI (Old College Inn). I lived in Raleigh and it was Char-Grill (the original on Hillsborough St). In Chapel Hill it is The Rat.

Anyone got a place for UNC Charlotte? I am at a loss.[/QUOTE]

Used to be Herlockers (RIP), but for me, now it’s Bojangles… :slight_smile:

Everything changes so quickly around the University area. They used to have the Sandwich Construction Company, The Grad (Buck Wilds), etc.

Once I win the lotto, I’m going to buy the closest spot to campus I can find and open a joint like this. Nothing but Niner stuff on the walls. OT: Speaking of, I went to the Wendy’s at University area recently and noticed they had taken all the 49er stuff down and replaced it with some lame generic crap. WTF???

Used to be Herlockers (RIP), but for me, now it's Bojangles... :)

Everything changes so quickly around the University area. They used to have the Sandwich Construction Company, The Grad (Buck Wilds), etc.

Once I win the lotto, I’m going to buy the closest spot to campus I can find and open a joint like this. Nothing but Niner stuff on the walls. OT: Speaking of, I went to the Wendy’s at University area recently and noticed they had taken all the 49er stuff down and replaced it with some lame generic crap. WTF???

They probably did a study about what their customers wanted to see on the walls…

RDH is the closest thing we have.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;388676]Used to be Herlockers (RIP), but for me, now it’s Bojangles… :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

F*** Cookout!:unhappy:

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;388676]Used to be Herlockers (RIP), but for me, now it’s Bojangles… :slight_smile:

Once I win the lotto, I’m going to buy the closest spot to campus I can find and open a joint like this. Nothing but Niner stuff on the walls. OT: Speaking of, I went to the Wendy’s at University area recently and noticed they had taken all the 49er stuff down and replaced it with some lame generic crap. WTF???[/QUOTE]

Call it Norm’s! I have always wanted to open bar/cafe in the area and call it Norms. The entire menu is 49er themed along with the decor. Prices would be 8.49, 9.49, 12.49…get the drift. How awesome would this place be on 49er football game days?

No, you need to call it The Mine Shaft. As in, the old arena in Belk Gym.

No, you need to call it The Mine Shaft. As in, the old arena in Belk Gym.

If I remember correctly there used to be a bar just this side of what is now Buck Wild called the Mine Shaft. I think it was in an old church building. There was a basement section that you got to with a slide. At the time it seemed pretty cool, now it just sounds strange. Anyone else remember this place?

He’s a good guy! Good luck to him an finding a job in this brutal economy!