NCAA is going too far.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AioABjdzZLT4aXTwCOe1GSMcvrYF?slug=ap-ncaa-ruleschanges

Ban your stupid eye black & wedge blocking for all I care.

But to start taking points away for showing off on a score starting in 2011. That’s some BS. The 15-yard penalty on the PAT or Kickoff is sufficient. You can’t take away scores. This is going to cause a ton of damn lawsuits.

This is getting misconstrued.

They plan to call penalties for taunting at the spot of the foul. Not actively remove points. So if a player mocks while running into the endzone, the foul is called at the place and time of mocking, causing the play to end and thus the team to be required to punch it in after the penalty. If the mocking occurs after the score, it’s still the old rule will prevail.

I don’t see a problem with this rule. Will keep the teams from the retarded antics WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL PROCEEDING. Sure we’ll still see the celebrations after the score. But it’s just bad football to celebrate like an idiot before you even score. Ask Leon Lett and Don Beebe.

I agree it’s dumb to celebrate too early, but there is already a 15 yard penalty for that.

If you are on a 97-yard breakaway with no one near you, & celebrate at the 3, you’ll be in the End Zone, getting the TD removed before the ref calls you back to the 3 & subtract 15 yards from there to the 18.

This is getting misconstrued.

They plan to call penalties for taunting at the spot of the foul. Not actively remove points. So if a player mocks while running into the endzone, the foul is called at the place and time of mocking, causing the play to end and thus the team to be required to punch it in after the penalty. If the mocking occurs after the score, it’s still the old rule will prevail.

I don’t see a problem with this rule. Will keep the teams from the retarded antics WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL PROCEEDING. Sure we’ll still see the celebrations after the score. But it’s just bad football to celebrate like an idiot before you even score. Ask Leon Lett and Don Beebe.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself. You said they didn’t plan on removing points, but if a player taunts at the 5 yard line while going in the endzone for a TD, the TD won’t be awarded. So instead the ball will be moved back to the 20 and 6 points will be taken off the board. I’m surprised this didn’t originate in the NFL (No Fun League).

I actually wish they allowed taunting, celebrations, etc.