NCAA Transfer Rules

Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don’t think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:61, topic:31061”]Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don’t think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.[/quote]I think you should be able to block schools if there is tampering involved, otherwise just let kids go where they want.

[quote=“moss2k, post:62, topic:31061”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:61, topic:31061”]Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don’t think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.[/quote]I think you should be able to block schools if there is tampering involved, otherwise just let kids go where they want.[/quote]
Then you must go before a panel and have actual proof. Not just a hunch there is tampering. I just do not like coaches doing that when they can leave and go wherever with no penalty.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:63, topic:31061”][quote=“moss2k, post:62, topic:31061”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:61, topic:31061”]Hope the changes they are talking about eventually lead to EA making NCAA Football again, pay each player a set amount of money to use their image like old game, every player gets same amount, or just make random players, either way I want that damn game back.

To get to the transfer rules, I agree with it. I don’t think players should be sitting out a year if they are in good academic standing and choose to transfer. However, I think they should only get one free pass, after that if you want to transfer again then you sit out a year. I also want the coaches ability to block a transfer to certain schools taken away, let them go wherever they want. If coaches can leave to go wherever they want the players should be too.[/quote]I think you should be able to block schools if there is tampering involved, otherwise just let kids go where they want.[/quote]
Then you must go before a panel and have actual proof. Not just a hunch there is tampering. I just do not like coaches doing that when they can leave and go wherever with no penalty.[/quote]Agreed.

Ohio State’s Chris Holtmann and Xavier’s Chris Mack chime in.

Zagsblog.com: Ohio State’s Chris Holtmann says change in NCAA transfer rule seems inevitable

Rivals.com: Rival Views: Which rule change will have a bigger impact?

CBSSports.com: Proposal to let athletes transfer instantly after a coaching change picks up steam

Pat Forde reacts to the Big 12 proposal.

Yahoo.com: Why NCAA must back revolutionary athlete transfer proposal

[quote=“Run49er, post:68, topic:31061”]Pat Forde reacts to the Big 12 proposal.

Yahoo.com: Why NCAA must back revolutionary athlete transfer proposal[/quote] Sensible and worth a read.

We could be left with a roster full of walk ons…

NCAA.org: DI transfer group requests feedback on rule concepts

Thegazette.com: Iowa athletics director Gary Barta sees academics being tied to transfer freedom

Yahoo.com: Committee recommends immediate transfers for those with GPA above 3.0

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-ncaa-transfer-group-discussing-specific-academic-components/

Matt Norlander provides his two cents.

I think it’s a wise move, unless you can prove tampering of a school. If you can prove that, you should be able to block that institution.

I’m curious if the transfer database will be public.