Nebraska pregame articles

[SIZE=2][URL=http://www.charlotte.com/507/story/543136.html][B][U]The ‘rebirth’ of 49ers Nation[/U][/B][/URL], Charlotte Observer
[URL=http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/03/19/huskerextra/mens_basketball/doc47e0519b28a4d191533550.txt][B][U]Hot-handed Velander ready for NIT opener[/U][/B][/URL], Lincoln Journal Star[/SIZE]

The NIT committee ha$ their rea$on$ for doing what they do.

[QUOTE]As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, roughly 8,100 tickets had been sold.[/QUOTE]

already looks to be the 7th largest crowd we’ve seen all season. (Richmond(H), Davidson, Wake, Dayton, Clemson, Maryland were larger than 8100).

oh, yeah…lets go Gauchos (i want another home game)

So first, you guys were “All in.” Now, there’s a “rebirth.” Coincidence? I think not. Gotta be careful out there.

nm. wasting my time.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;306828]So first, you guys were “All in.” Now, there’s a “rebirth.” Coincidence? I think not. Gotta be careful out there.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure I understand that statement.

I'm not sure I understand that statement.
I see some sexual innuendo???

[QUOTE=metro;306845]I see some sexual innuendo???[/QUOTE]

Maybe that’s it…I thought Mike was above that sort of humor! Now when I read it, it makes a little more since. Hopefully this coffee will kick in soon!

I see some sexual innuendo???

Thank you for clearing that up, Metro. At first I thought he as questioning the Nation’s commitment.

So, Niner Nation… what are we going to name the baby?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;306828]So first, you guys were “All in.” Now, there’s a “rebirth.” Coincidence? I think not. Gotta be careful out there.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes all in leads to birth. That’s why I had a vasectomy…

[QUOTE=thelew1014;306870]

So, Niner Nation… what are we going to name the baby?[/QUOTE]

“Sweet Sixteen?”

or should we just start with “NCAA?”

[QUOTE=scollie41;306843]I’m not sure I understand that statement.[/QUOTE]

It’s either a slap in the face, or a poor attempt at a joke… not sure which. :huh:

[QUOTE=Max Power;306906]It’s either a slap in the face, or a poor attempt at a joke… not sure which. :huh:[/QUOTE]

Poor attempt, I guess. You guys are sensitive.

Mike, please go get laid. Oh, nevermind, nice looking hookers are too expensive for an editor’s salary.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;306909]Poor attempt, I guess. You guys are sensitive.[/QUOTE]

Nah, we just can’t figure out what you are talking about. You know what they say about a joke that needs explaining… :biggrin:

I got it right away, maybe it’s an Observer thing.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;306909]Poor attempt, I guess. You guys are sensitive.[/QUOTE]

Look at the pot calls the kettle . . .:tongue:

[QUOTE=49er1;306910]Mike, please go get laid. Oh, nevermind, nice looking hookers are too expensive for an editor’s salary.[/QUOTE]

He may make more than you think . He could be client #10 for all we know.:tongue:

FWIW, this was in yesterday’s Omaha World-Herald

Omaha.com: Men’s Basketball: Charlotte did OK after losing out on recruit Beasley