Need Help for Retro Game

Okay, I’m in the band and I was just informed that our director is going to let us dress the part as long as we wear our beloved green polo. I have no idea what I could wear to look “retro” as I was born in 1984. Can anyone give me any tips on what I could wear. I’m going shopping tonight and I will look for anything that sounds good. Thanks for any help.

Some nice faded “hip hugger - bell bottom” jeans should do the trick. The more faded they are the better. Oh, and if you can find some that have sown own patches on the butt then you would really be in business…

Go to a thrift store before they close this afternoon. They might have something.

Short skirt black as tight as possible
Black tights
Six inch heels
No top.

You’re welcome.

Tintin

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 12:44 PM [b] Short skirt black as tight as possible Black tights Six inch heels No top.

You’re welcome.

Tintin [/b]

WOW that sounds GREAT, but I am required to wear my polo shirt. Ohhh well… :wacko:

It’s all about the afro… I hope Iti unleashes his braids for the game.

Come on Tintin, I see why no women post in here…HA
Good idea though but I think we all could go to the Cabaret for that.
I think I agree with the hip hugger jeans comment, would fit the 70’s generation real nice.
The green polo might kill the jeans idea though. Hell, I was 5 in 1980 so I really have no idea either. Just be there.

Sunglasses can help too.

Retro, baby.

You’re welcome.

[i]Originally posted by uncc_kristi[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 12:29 PM [b] Okay, I'm in the band and I was just informed that our director is going to let us dress the part as long as we wear our beloved green polo. I have no idea what I could wear to look "retro" as I was born in 1984. Can anyone give me any tips on what I could wear. I'm going shopping tonight and I will look for anything that sounds good. Thanks for any help. [/b]
Watch an episode of the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family.

Nick @ Nite shows should have lots of ideas. Brady Bunch & Partridge Family are good, but what about Sanford & Son?

Is the band going to play any 70’s music? You don’t have to disclose the song names, just whether or not we might hear some throwback music.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:29 PM [b] Nick @ Nite shows should have lots of ideas. Brady Bunch & Partridge Family are good, but what about Sanford & Son?

Is the band going to play any 70’s music? You don’t have to disclose the song names, just whether or not we might hear some throwback music. [/b]

Some of the songs we play are 70s music, more so some of the new stuff we’ve unleashed towards the end of last semester and the beginning of this one.

Maaaaaaaan… the one game Cory relaxes the dress code, I’m not going to be there. Blast!

We do play 70s music…

Jungle Boogie
Brick House (or was that early 80s?)
25 or 6 to 4
Make Me Smile
Carry On My Wayward Son (see “Brick House” comment)

There are a couple of others, but I just woke up from an afternoon siesta so I’m not thinking all that sharply.

Put an afro wig on the drummer

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 08:03 PM [b] Put an afro wig on the drummer [/b]
most clever post in a while. good show.
[b]most clever post in a while. good show. [/b]

barker says that clt beat me to it

AFRO WIG AND AVIATORS WILL DO THE TRICK.

Can some hang a disco ball somewear??

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:29 PM [b] Nick @ Nite shows should have lots of ideas. Brady Bunch & Partridge Family are good, but what about Sanford & Son?

Is the band going to play any 70’s music? You don’t have to disclose the song names, just whether or not we might hear some throwback music. [/b]

We polished one for tomorrow, but we already play jungle boogie and brick house and soulfinger. We’ve added another good one, but we’re probably going to play it early in case we blow it. so get there early to catch it.

Wear a PBR shirt like Frank “the Tank” in old school.

A really great avatar, I must say.