Neighborhood theater

Question, I have not lived in charlotte in a very long time. This place called the Neighborhood theater, back in the late 80s their was I think a frat house near their near N. Tryon. Is that still the case, which frat was it.

I don’t know what it was in the 80’s, but now it’s a live music venue at the intercestion of N. Davison and 36th street. Good place. Bring cash if you want to drink.

http://www.neighborhoodtheatre.com/

I’m a fan. Saw The New Familiars there over the summer, great show, cool venue.

Sweetwater 420 on tap… I’m there.

Been there many times. Great place. Smoke free environment.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;433818]Been there many times. Great place. Smoke free environment.[/QUOTE]

They’re all smoke-free in a couple more months. January I think?

Question, I have not lived in charlotte in a very long time. This place called the Neighborhood theater, back in the late 80s their was I think a frat house near their near N. Tryon. Is that still the case, which frat was it.

Seems kind of odd, since that location is nowhere near any college. Charlotte is the closest, but even that is a good ways up N Tryon.

I think my dad told me it used to be an adult movie theatre back in the 70’s.

I saw Sara Bareilles and David Ford there last spring. Very cool venue, and yes, very good beer.

They're all smoke-free in a couple more months. January I think?
Yes, January........... and I can't wait.
That sounds like the Kappa Sigma house.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;433812]Question, I have not lived in charlotte in a very long time. This place called the Neighborhood theater, back in the late 80s their was I think a frat house near their near N. Tryon. Is that still the case, which frat was it.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Frat houses, Bust and I drove around Greek Village yesterday, I think the houses in there are half and half now, Greek vs regular student housing.

Speaking of Frat houses, Bust and I drove around Greek Village yesterday, I think the houses in there are half and half now, Greek vs regular student housing.

Confirmed by the UTimes a week or two ago. I love that the university spent all that money to appease the greek organizations and they aren’t even taking advantage of it.

Confirmed by the UTimes a week or two ago. I love that the university spent all that money to appease the greek organizations and they aren't even taking advantage of it.

Its more of an issue of money. They can buy/rent a house off campus much cheaper than the university charges them to stay in the village. Plus they dont have to deal with the campus police.

Creative Loafing has picked the 'hood as the best independent concert venue in Charlotte for the past 3 years.

I like the place. Perfect size to see a band. Large enough for some real energy, but small enough to get close.

I’m too old for arena shows.

Uhh, Arena shows are for old fogies.

[QUOTE=Nugget;433888]That sounds like the Kappa Sigma house.[/QUOTE]

you are correct.

Back in the day when Lambda Chi was on Sugar Creek between N Tryon and I85. Didn’t the Lambda Chi house burn 10-15 years ago?

yes, kappa sig, that is right, they had great partys their the first couple of years they were their. They really liked a gf of mine I remember, and always invited her and of course I would go.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;434018]you are correct.

Back in the day when Lambda Chi was on Sugar Creek between N Tryon and I85. Didn’t the Lambda Chi house burn 10-15 years ago?[/QUOTE]

1993, I believe.