New Additions to Halton

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;333401]Thats great.

BUT its kind of like going to the Prom with the best looking and/or best dressed girl.

On prom night, I expected more than dressing up and looking nice.

On game night, I expect more than just seeing the nicest court in the league.[/QUOTE]

buzz kill…

Someone’s been a pretty big grump lately.

Cheer up man.

Halton is gonna look really good, but it’ll still be hard to compete with the brand new Chaifetz Arena for the title of nicest in the league.

Did we ever get a new sound system? That’s what we truly needed.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;333409]Did we ever get a new sound system? That’s what we truly needed.[/QUOTE]

I believe we got one last year… IIRC Doesn’t mean they have figured out that turning down the volume can clean it up, but I seem to recall that being replaced last year.

IIRC it was replaced. I think they speakers were just bigger, and you heard alot more BOOM.

I thought once the sound system wasn’t bad, they’d start renting out Halton for concerts?

[QUOTE=eason49;333437]I thought once the sound system wasn’t bad, they’d start renting out Halton for concerts?[/QUOTE]

They don’t use the arena’s sound system for concerts anyway. If the band and/or its label don’t already own a sound system, they hire a private contractor who has all of the sound equipment in. So theoretically, they should have been having them a long time ago. I know they’ve had at least one within the last 2 years (Newsong - Christian band, apparently pretty big for the older Contemporary Christian listeners) played sometime in December. I remember hearing about it AFTER it happened - but as we all know, those types of things aren’t exactly marketed well to the student population.

I was told that it is really hard to get bands to come to campus because there are so many other venues around Charlotte not to mention competition from other markets in the state. We can’t really compete financially.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;333444][QUOTE=eason49;333437]I thought once the sound system wasn’t bad, they’d start renting out Halton for concerts?[/QUOTE]

They don’t use the arena’s sound system for concerts anyway. If the band and/or its label don’t already own a sound system, they hire a private contractor who has all of the sound equipment in. So theoretically, they should have been having them a long time ago. I know they’ve had at least one within the last 2 years (Newsong - Christian band, apparently pretty big for the older Contemporary Christian listeners) played sometime in December. I remember hearing about it AFTER it happened - but as we all know, those types of things aren’t exactly marketed well to the student population.[/QUOTE]

Newsong has held a few concerts at Halton. There have been a few concerts in the last few years. While I was there MTV-U even had a concert there. Kevinharbin and I went to see Muse. Zero is correct that they do not use the arena’s sound system.

Back on topic, I am SUPER STOKED to have the LCD boards at Halton. I will say they look a little funny at HPU though. Not to knock on HPU, I know they are at a different stage than us, and I respect that, but it just looks funny in such a small venue to have them.

Ninercentral, Nido Quebein has publicly said whatever the basketball team needs at HPU, they will get. The video boards for the 3 facilities mentioned earlier totalled $1 million. This summer they have replaced all the seats in the Millis Center from the “standard” teal color to purple, installed a shuttered light system like we have, replaced the scoreboard and replaced the sound system. An additional video board on the north sidewall has been added. And… did I mention they had put down a new hardwood court with a new paint scheme?

A nice project overseen by Assistant Director of Athletics for Facilities & Operations Ryan Tressel. If the name sounds familiar, he is the nephew of Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;333461]Newsong has held a few concerts at Halton. There have been a few concerts in the last few years. While I was there MTV-U even had a concert there. Kevinharbin and I went to see Muse. Zero is correct that they do not use the arena’s sound system.[/QUOTE]

Counting Crows, BB King and Wyclef Jean played Halton back in the day. The lead singer from Lit exposed himself and got arrested at Halton on the MTV tour.

The lack of alcohol probably hurts Halton from being able to host concerts now.

Don’t forget Toad the Wet Sprocket…pretty good show. Them and Counting Crows were the same year.

Back to topic…has anyone not snapped some photos inside Halton yet? Seems someone could get in…

My god, is it basketball season yet? I am so ready for the season to start!!!

My god, is it basketball season yet? I am so ready for the season to start!!!!!

Seconded. These long summers without Niner basketball really makes me realize how much I love this game.

Seconded. These long summers without Niner basketball really makes me realize how much I love this game.

Once we get football, the summers won’t seem as long. We’ll have much more to talk about.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;333499]Counting Crows, BB King and Wyclef Jean played Halton back in the day. The lead singer from Lit exposed himself and got arrested at Halton on the MTV tour.

The lack of alcohol probably hurts Halton from being able to host concerts now.[/QUOTE]

yet they have them at so many other schools? or do all of those schools have off campus arenas/stadiums? I honestly wouldnt see this being a big deal - where students are concerned, lets be real, most of them that will drink will come drunk and/or sneak something in.

Signature Sports Group partnered with the University on the new Pro Table LED Boards. They were purchased from Daktronics from both the men’s and women’s Final Four sites. Jim Hoppa, an Associate Vice Chancellor, made this purchase happen as a result of a number of options provided by SSG. [B]There is no other facility in the country, college or NBA, that will have 13 LED boards operating on the floor at the same time.[/B] With the center-hung scoreboard and these new tables, there has been over $1.2 million pumped into fan enhancement since January 14th of our first year in the A-10.

Add the new paint scheme on the floor this year and you will think Halton Arena is a shiny new palace. It won’t be long before the sound system is updated, too. It’s caught in some paperwork trail, but it is close!

Finally, first in something. Davidson doesn’t have them. :49ers:

Nice to hear HP! I love those numbers.