New Alumni Logo

The Alumni logo was in serious need of an extreme makeover. This is what we have replaced the old mark with. Let me know what you think of it. You’ll recognize the familiar miner with a decidedly “athletic” spin to it. If you like it, send me a PM with your address and I will send you as static cling decal of the full logo for your car. We’ll have it on a variety of shirts, hats and other cool stuff beginning at the golf tournament on October 13th.

[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 07:24 PM [b] The Alumni logo was in serious need of an extreme makeover. This is what we have replaced the old mark with. Let me know what you think of it. You'll recognize the familiar miner with a decidedly "athletic" spin to it. If you like it, send me a PM with your address and I will send you as static cling decal of the full logo for your car. We'll have it on a variety of shirts, hats and other cool stuff beginning at the golf tournament on October 13th.

[/b]

Very cool!!!..

I like the stand alone logo. Sign me up for a Golf shirt with the logo on the chest. My car is also screaming for a new sticker…

Very nice job.

I like it!

Very cool.

But I much prefer this version:

:smiley:

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 09:06 PM [b] Very cool.

But I much prefer this version:

:smiley: [/b]

Amen

Nick,

can you make this happen? :huh:

Looks good. Looks damn good.

Nice job Nick.

B)

Very nice looking Nick! What did you (or Patti) do to convince the Board of Governors to drop the UNC part?

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Sep 23 2004, 07:07 AM [b] Very nice looking Nick! What did you (or Patti) do to convince the Board of Governors to drop the UNC part? [/b]
They didn't.
[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Sep 23 2004, 06:07 AM [b] Very nice looking Nick! What did you (or Patti) do to convince the Board of Governors to drop the UNC part? [/b]
I didn't do anything on that front. If it was up to me, we would be "Charlotte" without the "UNC", but that's not the world we live in (or the campus that we work on). So at least for the immediate future, it's "UNC Charlotte Alumni". But, I am glad that you guys like the logo.

That’s really cool. Start mass production yesterday.

Mass production in the Alumni Office, Nick? Slave driver!

NA, I was looking at your version when I posted that, Nick’s email to me yesterday with these had the dreaded red-x. This is quite the improvement. :smiley:

Excellent. I like it a lot! Good work Nick.

Not too shabby, Nick!

[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 08:24 PM [b] [img]http://www.ninernation.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10004/thumb_AlumniLogo2.gif[/img] [/b]
I dig this one in the same way I that now dig the plain pickaxe C logo that we unfortunately never use. I pimped the C49ers one hard four years ago, but my thinking changed when I realized how much I like the brand/trademark look of the plain C and now, this little logo. Don't need the words, just the images, as long as they are widespread and esaily visible.

Can I get me a static clingy of that circle logo? Shoot, just send me the regular one and I’ll cut the words part off.

It’s a great stand alone logo. I’m really digging this thing. If I ever become a superhero, this would be my emblem!

I agree that the circle emblem is HOT!!!

I like other one as well, but imo the UNC Charlotte part looks a bit cramped.

Both are very nice. Next time I’m in CLT I’ll grab me one.

Can anyone tell me what font is used on teh logos? I’ve found some that are close but not as close as I’d like…

I’m with the others…love the stand-alone, though both are nice upgrades.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 23 2004, 09:15 AM [b] I dig this one in the same way I that now dig the plain pickaxe C logo that we unfortunately never use. [/b]
I agree. I came very, very close to getting the plain C-pick tattood on my arm, I was just too drunk to get it done both times I went in to do it.