New Audio-Video content at Charlotte49ers.com

I just saw this release over at charlotte49ers.com:

Charlotte 49ers.com: New audio/video content

[b]In addition to men's and women's basketball audio game broadcasts that were available, last year, the 49ers will provide Weekly Coaches Radio Shows for each of the department's athletic programs during that sport's championship season. Also available at charlotte49ers.com will be a "49ers Sports Update" video, produced by the university's Television Production Services Department. That 3:00 - 5:00 minute video will capture the highlights of recent athletic events, feature the 49ers Athlete of the Week and discuss upcoming events. Post-game audio quotes from selected contests, assorted highlight videos and audio from press conferences will also now be available online. [/b]

Sounds like a pretty cool plan. After seeing your post I read the full story. $4.95 a month, which isn’t bad. My brother is signed up for the Chapel Hill plan and it’s like $9 a month or $10 a month. I guess that answers the question about being able to listen to the games online … hopefully the 49ers can make some money off of this and use it for some upgrades in other areas.

Now if they could just add those A-10 network games to video I’d be happy.

Let me ask the million dollar question: Does this mean that we can no longer listen to Niner basketball on the internet for free if we do not purchase this “package”?

NICE :smiley:

While I don’t know this for a fact, it seems to me to be saying that yes, listening to men’s and women’s basketball will be $4.95/month. That is what most schools are doing now - pay to listen as a supplemental income source. That would make sense based on what the story on the web site says.

[i]Originally posted by Brick Tamland[/i]@ Weather,Sep 27 2005, 04:53 PM [b] While I don't know this for a fact, it seems to me to be saying that yes, listening to men's and women's basketball will be $4.95/month. That is what most schools are doing now - pay to listen as a supplemental income source. That would make sense based on what the story on the web site says. [/b]
I assumed so, but I wasn't sure. For my situation, I would be paying $59.40 to listen to nine games (Assuming you have to buy a year's worth). The other 20 I'll be watching in person or on TV. Doubtful I'll be subscribing. Gametracker, here I come.

I just checked WFNZ’s website (yea, I didn’t think they could afford one either) and the have a “listen live” link. We might be able to use it for games this year.

I assume they would work a deal with FNZ to just not broadcast those games? (Otherwise you’d lose all your local revenue and only get people outside the area purchasing, which I guess could be the point but I dont know …).

X-49er, maybe you can figure out which months it would be worth purchasing for (which months have more away games), and only purchase those? I didn’t sign up yet, but I would assume you could pay by the month and not pay for the entire year at once (???)

[i]Originally posted by Brick Tamland, Weather[/i]@Sep 27 2005, 05:19 PM [b] X-49er, maybe you can figure out which months it would be worth purchasing for (which months have more away games), and only purchase those? I didn't sign up yet, but I would assume you could pay by the month and not pay for the entire year at once (????) [/b]
It doesn't say. If I can simply cancel after the UMass game then that would make a big difference. Down to $2.20/game. I think I can swing that.

It’s been pro-rated in the past. You pay month by month and can cancel in the off-season. Great deal for us out-of-towners.