New CFO at BofA is a 49er

Charlotte grad moving up at BofA…

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/16226891.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/16226891.htm[/URL]

Is he in the 49er Club?

Is he in the 49er Club?

From the 2005-2006 Men’s Program

Joe Price is a member of the “Golden Advantage” donors. This is very, VERY, good news. I am not worried about Price’s donations, I am worried about BoA’s

Excellent. This is great for the university’s reputation. :slight_smile:

Two BofA Stadiums in Charlotte :biggrin:

We also have the CFO of Duke Energy. (Charlotte Research Institute says, “Thank you.”)

Best news of the month.

Better get at him quick. BofA has been going through CFO’s like shit through a goose.

Other notable alumni:

The CFO and COO at CarolinasHealthCare. Suzanne Hill Freeman ('75) is COO and Mary Ann Rouse ('83, and married to TV’s Jeff Sonier) is CFO. They are also UNC Charlotte Distinguished Alumni recipients.

And the trivia of the day… Jeff Sonier was the color guy for John Kilgo on 49ers broadcasts when games were carried on WAYS 610.

And the trivia of the day... Jeff Sonier was the color guy for John Kilgo on 49ers broadcasts when games were carried on WAYS 610.

Kilgo did our games?? At least one thing got better in our athletics over the years.

Trivia fact #2 of the day… Kilgo’s first sidekick for UNCC games was actor/comedian Jay Thomas. Those broadcasts were an absolute hoot!

Kilgo was the best play by play man to broadcast our games. He was there for our glory years of 1976-1977 and a few seasons after that.

My favorite year was 1976 when he paired with Jay Thomas. Thomas did not know much about basketball but he was entertaining.

Kilgo also went to New York with Lee Rose to plead our case for getting into the NIT in 1976. At the time, Rose said Kilgo helped swing things in our favor.

Jay Thomas has a talk show on Sirius Stars 102 from 3-6pm M-F. He still tells a lot of stories about his announcing days.

http://jaythomasshow.com/

[QUOTE=Colorado49er;204949]Kilgo was the best play by play man to broadcast our games.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see how anybody could beat Jags.

[QUOTE=HP49er;204947]Trivia fact #2 of the day… Kilgo’s first sidekick for UNCC games was actor/comedian Jay Thomas. Those broadcasts were an absolute hoot![/QUOTE]

Yes, they were. Now Kilgo is doing Davidson broadcasts!

I remember Jay bringing a WAYS 61 team to my junior high school to take on the teachers in a game of hoops. There wasn’t a 3-point line back then, but that is certianly where Jay was swishing them from!

Anyone remember the night in '76 when Jay Thomas was thrown in the campus lake by some students after the bonfire/pep rally held before the NIT win over ncsu? I wonder if he does. Good times.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;204928]We also have the CFO of Duke Energy. (Charlotte Research Institute says, “Thank you.”)[/QUOTE]

Thats correct, he got a Masters degree from UNC-Charlotte back in the early 80’s. Great guy.

[QUOTE=Anborn;204974]Thats correct, he got a Masters degree from UNC-Charlotte back in the early 80’s. Great guy.[/QUOTE]

From where? I’ve heard of UNC Charlotte… :rolleyes: