New chancellor to be named today

Looks like former provost Phil Dubois is going to leave the University of Wyoming to come back to UNC Charlotte.

Charlotte.com: Wyoming leader to be UNCC chancellor?

Casper Star-Tribune: UW learns if Dubois leaving

If so, I hope he’s not cut from the same block.

Bio on Dubois from Univeristy of Wyoming website:

Philip L. Dubois

Even has his own page on their athletics site:

Philip L. Dubois

Here’s a blurb from the athletics perspective from his Wyoming bio

[b]Dubois has been a strong supporter of the UW intercollegiate athletics program. During his installation remarks, he stressed that quality athletic programs can reinforce quality academic programs by helping to recruit students who otherwise would not have considered the University of Wyoming and by enhancing the university’s reputation within the state and across the country. Dubois presided over the achieving of Title IX compliance without having to reduce the number of men’s sports; worked with the UW Foundation and former Athletics Director Lee Moon to develop creative salary packages for basketball Head Coach Steve McClain and football coach Joe Glenn; directed the development of a strategic plan for intercollegiate athletics; secured nearly $3 million in one-time funding from the Wyoming State Legislature in 2004 for athletics operations and a $10 million matching fund for athletics facilities; and served as chair and president of the Mountain West Conference for its inaugural year of competition (1999-2000). In 2004, he was named to the NCAA Division I Board of Directors. Dubois was elected in 2004 by his colleagues at colleges and universities in the western United States as vice chair and chair-elect of the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE). Dubois will become chairman in November 2005. In 2005, he was invited to join the Presidential Task Force on the Future of Intercollegiate Athletics.[/b]

Fat Pat had a recent stint at Wyoming, right?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 10:44 AM [b] Fat Pat had a recent stint at Wyoming, right? [/b]
Fat Pat was at Montana. Funny, Kennedy leaves a school (DePaul, Montana) and suddenly they are good enough to go the Big Dance. Good recruiter - sorry coach. His current school - Towson - finished 5-24 this season. Ouch!
[b]Fat Pat had a recent stint at Wyoming, right?[/b]

Montona(sp), I think.

This is a good thing.

I liked what I read in the bio.

Of course, when you are the president of the University of Wyoming, you get to hang out with the Vice President…

BTW, that’s Dubois’ wife, Lisa, to his right in photo…

Link to story: A Day of Distinction

I guess it’s official now.

UNCC press release announcing decision

Dubois is UNCC’s new chancellor (mostly the same information as the earlier article)

University of Wyoming head named chancellor at UNC Charlotte

I vote for the wife :stuck_out_tongue:

The official press release:

Dubois Named Chancellor of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte

So I guess it’s too late to give it to Lutz?

[b]Dubois has been a strong supporter of the UW intercollegiate athletics program. During his installation remarks, he stressed that quality athletic programs can reinforce quality academic programs by helping to recruit students who otherwise would not have considered the University of Wyoming and by enhancing the university’s reputation within the state and across the country[/b]
Sounds good to me.
This is a good thing.

:tongue:

I also think OJ Simpson is a fine man.

I see we are playing “Bump This Thread” today.