New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

Per David Scott, The Charlotte 49ers are set to unveil new branding on Tuesday at 12:49. I assume this means all new logos and probably tweaked or even all new colors. What are your expectations, fears, and hopes in regards to this? We have gotten a few hints from Mike Hill. He has stated something along the lines of “older alumni probably won’t like it”, and has said they looked for something that “really appealed to 14 year olds.” I get that you want to attract fans while they’re young, but these comments make me a little nervous.
Here are my thoughts…
I expect the main logo and font to be simplified by a significant degree. The 49ers logo is extremely “busy”, and I think a simpler cleaner logo is needed. The most recognizable and iconic logos both in sports and the corporate world are very simple: The Texas longhorn, Clemson tiger paw, Alabama A, Miami U, Nike swoosh, twitter bird, etc. They are all great logos without doing too much. I expect the colors to be tweaked but not completely changed. I think we will stick with green, gold, white, and black, but I bet they make the green brighter and more vivid, and the gold more flashy and bright, as opposed to the shade we have now that’s more of a bronze.
I could be and probably am way off, but I trust Mike Hill and the guys in charge of this. I’m excited to see what they’ve come up with.
I wish I had graphic design skills because I’ve got some ideas rattling around in my head that I think would be phenomenal.

We are officially in the leak zone. If they make it to Tuesday I will be shocked. If they make it to Tuesday at 12:49, I will be even more shocked, but thrilled.

2 Likes

Change will be hard and I’ll probably not like the new logos at first… but after a year it’ll be fine. Very interested to see. I’m assuming a court design update as well maybe?

Well, based on all this, I’m preparing myself to hate this “rebranding”. I’ll just keep wearing my old stuff till it falls apart or I do.

3 Likes

New logo will be a rendering of the Belk Tower. :smile:

3 Likes

New court design 100% sure. New turf as well I’d say

Rebrand typically means everything. Website. Fields. Logos. Word marks. Letter head. Like we’re getting the whole thing. Uniforms and everything

Team nickname will be Dreadnaughts.

Women’s basketball squad to be nicknamed the Thorny Roses.
Pep band to be replaced by looped recording of “Call me Al”

It will be awesome. CLT is gonna love it.

1 Like

Zeppelin confirmed

1 Like

538dfd8d6bb3f72178859eee

Please God don’t let be new court design appeal to 14 year olds. Gonna be embarrassing if we have a court like some I’ve seen posted on here.

4 Likes

I mean, as long as we don’t go with an FIU, Oregon, etc., look, I’m cool. I obviously prefer certain designs, but let’s just avoid those travesties.

I will accept ANY rebranding if it accompanies WINS: bowl game wins and regular visits to the Sweet 16 and beyond. Hell, I’ll take the Pink and Purple Penguins. I hear 14 year olds like that.

3 Likes

I agree with this 49er1. I don’t care if we call our selves the UNCCCCCCC Tar Heel My Little Pony’s if it helps us win games

2 Likes

Ya’ll keep acting like the SOAR T Shirts was not the logo leak. We’re going to be the UNCC Colts. Full rebrand and brown and tan are our new primary colors. *Designed by a 14 year old

1 Like

Lots of hay being made out of the “appeals to 14 year olds” comment. I’m not sure its a bad thing that freshmen in high school would latch on to our brand and spend their formative years wanting to learn more and eventually enroll at our school. Seems like a positive byproduct.

2 Likes

Tuesday can’t come soon enough! I trust Hill delivers. Our current (soon to be old) logo was a mystery to many folks. Looking forward to loading up on new gear!

In an effort to figure out what Hill could mean by his “appeals to 14 year olds” comment, I have been thinking back to when I was that age. It must be some combination of boobs, cars, burgers and boobs. Actually, I haven’t changed all that much.

3 Likes