New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

I was in there a couple weeks ago. Did you notice if they had more sizes for Nike polos? All they had was Small when I was there.

Over a year has past since the brand change. Has it been worth the time and money invested in making the change?

clt says the big news comes in august…

We pretty much know what is going to happen based on the brand.uncc.edu page. The crown is being retired. The name is not changing. The url is being changed along with the logo. We can surmise that the university logo will be the athletics logo. They will release a style guide just like athletics did. No real earth shattering news.

I did notice there were Nike, and other brand polos, but I didn’t look closely.

The branding doesn’t go as far as some people would like but its a step in the right direction.

I think we all want to go all the way - but the resistance to this is real. Small steps is probably the best way to go. If we had pushed for full change immediately I think it would have gotten shot down.

I think this is a pretty big step in the right direction. Especially since our Chancellor has only been here a year.

3 Likes

clt says charlotte.edu is perfect

2 Likes

Not sure where to put this, but this is a huge development for the university. Definitely puts us in a higher echelon of universities, and will hopefully raise our profile even more:

4 Likes

Rice and FIU are the only other CUSA schools with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter. There are no Sun Belt schools that have one.

2 Likes

Charlotte.

clt says academics matter.

1 Like

This is the way.

This is a positive step in the right direction but do we have to wait another 20 years before we can change the name to the University of Charlotte?

Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

2 Likes

This is very well done and looking forward to the various launch activities over the next few weeks. I have been saying for years that we need to follow the VT model and publicly identify as Charlotte and changing the .edu is simple but huge. Website is well done and interested in how we announce to the public and get some buzz all at a very good time as school starts back, we face Duke at home and are reaching new heights with student count and academic reputation.

1 Like

Mixed messaging again. Tweet says Charlotte, graphics still say UNC.

:sigh: