New Entrance Construction

Coming into campus while ago, there are bulldozers, chain length fences, and I think a construction trailer in place. Survey stakes are out in the middle of the field…the new entrance looks to be under construction now!

Also, there is a new lighted fountain in the middle of Hechenbleikner Lake…looks very cool. You can see a picture of it on page 3 in this week’s campus news:
[media]http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/resources/pdfs/newsletter/11.14.07.pdf[/media]

very nice. I saw the surveyors out there a few days ago. With work starting now, the majority of the work should be finished by next fall I would think. What will they be doing with the old entrance? I read before that it would be a pedestrian only entrance so were they planning on tearing up the road there or what?

let me be the first to say… about frickin time.

I’ll start up the pool on when the next delay notification comes up. I’ll take Dec. 3.:shades:

very nice. I saw the surveyors out there a few days ago. With work starting now, the majority of the work should be finished by next fall I would think. What will they be doing with the old entrance? I read before that it would be a pedestrian only entrance so were they planning on tearing up the road there or what?

The road from 49 to where the road wraps around Robinson and Storrs will be removed. The road that does wrap around Robinson and Storrs will remain. Anyone know if they put up the construction sign, you know the one that has the rendering of what it is to look like?

[QUOTE=squattie;269262]Also, there is a new lighted fountain in the middle of Hechenbleikner Lake…looks very cool. You can see a picture of it on page 3 in this week’s campus news:
[media]http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/resources/pdfs/newsletter/11.14.07.pdf[/media][/QUOTE]
I’m splitting my sides, squattie. If [B]anyone[/B] knows about lakes, it’s you!

I see they included a charming photo of the “shoe” sculpture from the belk tower quad on page 10. Nothing captures the essence of autumn like a giant geometric high-heel shoe.

[QUOTE=HP49er;269289]I’m splitting my sides, squattie. If [B]anyone[/B] knows about lakes, it’s you![/QUOTE]

Haha…Wade and his float are excited now, maybe he’ll have the lake to himself with no candian geese.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;269286]The road from 49 to where the road wraps around Robinson and Storrs will be removed. The road that does wrap around Robinson and Storrs will remain. Anyone know if they put up the construction sign, you know the one that has the rendering of what it is to look like?[/QUOTE]

Is this the most up to date rendering??

http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg

Is this the most up to date rendering??

http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg

It is from July 21st (the ‘072107’ in the file name). There is a more recent one, without the flanking columns ghosted. That was done b/c it was unsure as to whether or not the school was going to build any of them other then the main column. So make those opaque, and thats what it will look like. When they put up the construction sign out front it will present the most up-to-date rendering, I just wondered if that had been put up yet.

As far as I know they will be putting up the columns. The project was underbid apparently.

As far as I know they will be putting up the columns. The project was underbid apparently.

Yea, I mentioned above that they are to be there, I’ve worked on it for over the past two years so they better get in there. When it will all occur I have no idea, as last I knew there was still some work to be figured out with NCDOT.

I will not be surprised to see everything built and then the last thing to go in will be everything along the street front. Basically, all interior roadways would be worked out, and then they’d build the connection to 49 and the columns.