New Football Article

I think this is looking more and more positive with each meeting. If they aren’t going to approve starting a team, they sure are leading us on!

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/219386.html]http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/219386.html[/URL]

I already commented on this article in another thread, but I will put it here too. This is a well written article that does a good job of explaining our situation and the different scenarios. Good jod Mr. Scott! :thumbsup:

:clap: :headbang:
this man is on a mfn mission.
there is little doubt in my mind at this point Mac Everett has had it with the lack of vision,
and he is grabbing the bull by the horns because nobody else would/could

[QUOTE=ChevEE;251432]This is a well written article that does a good job of explaining our situation and the different scenarios. Good jod Mr. Scott! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
The one error I caught was his mention of A-10 football, which no longer exists with that being taken over by the Colonial. I think that becomes a stickier situation, especially since there are already 12 schools in the CAA football conference. Seems like it would limit our I-AA options to the SoCon and the Big South.

Excellent article. Mac Everett might just make a good chancellor one day…

Of course, Dubois is doing the right thing as well. If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t have this study, these meetings, the publicity, or the articles.

[QUOTE=metro;251444]:clap: :headbang:
this man is on a mfn mission.
there is little doubt in my mind at this point Mac Everett has had it with the lack of vision,
and he is grabbing the bull by the horns because nobody else would/could[/QUOTE]

Yea. I have been saying this for a long time now also. I would hate to see where we would be without Mac in our corner. The guy gets what he wants…and he wants football at Charlotte.

[QUOTE=run49er;251449]The one error I caught was his mention of A-10 football, which no longer exists with that being taken over by the Colonial. I think that becomes a stickier situation, especially since there are already 12 schools in the CAA football conference. Seems like it would limit our I-AA options to the SoCon and the Big South.[/QUOTE]
I had seen that initially, but figured he meant that those in the A-10 that play football play D1-AA.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;251451]Excellent article. Mac Everett might just make a good chancellor one day…

Of course, Dubois is doing the right thing as well. If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t have this study, these meetings, the publicity, or the articles.[/QUOTE]
Along the same lines of Gore inventing the internet, eh?

Just heard the opening to the Bill Rosinski Show on 610, and he mentioned something like “UNC Charlotte thinking big with football”. I guess they will discuss football on his show today.

Along the same lines of Gore inventing the internet, eh?

Ouch! lol…

Seriously though, in my opinion, we have to give the chancellor some credit. He is the first one who has stood up and said, “Hey, this is an issue and we need to address it.” Much more than Woodward and the others have ever done…

Everett’s got the green tie on and everything!

Don’t forget this comment too. This is the vision we needed 10 years ago, and maybe we would be in the ACC or Big East today.

“What we’re hearing is that at some point, you’ll have some more realignment,” said Everett.

“Whether that’s five, 10 or 15 years from now, I don’t know. But the long-term vision and goal you have for your football program is going to have an impact on the opportunity you have to get in a different conference.”

Yeah, if they want to protect basketball, this is definitely the way to go… without question.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;251461]Just heard the opening to the Bill Rosinski Show on 610, and he mentioned something like “UNC Charlotte thinking big with football”. I guess they will discuss football on his show today.[/QUOTE]

Rosinski was very supportive of us aiming for 1A. He was really behind it. He just thought that the attendance requirement for 1A (15,000) could be a problem. He said U of Buffalo just went up to 1A in football and are now having problems meeting the attendance requirement.

Rosinski was very supportive of us aiming for 1A. He was really behind it. He just thought that the attendance requirement for 1A (15,000) could be a problem. He said U of Buffalo just went up to 1A in football and are now having problems meeting the attendance requirement.

i had a ton of classes with Bills son at Charlotte.

Comparing Buffalo and Charlotte in any way shape or form is idiotic.

:clap: :headbang: this man is on a mfn mission. there is little doubt in my mind at this point Mac Everett has had it with the lack of vision, and he is grabbing the bull by the horns because nobody else would/could
Can I nominate him for chancellor?

Mac Everett '08!!:clap:

Of course, Dubois is doing the right thing as well. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have this study, these meetings, the publicity, or the articles.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA] Seriously though, in my opinion, we have to give the chancellor some credit. He is the first one who has stood up and said, “Hey, this is an issue and we need to address it.” Much more than Woodward and the others have ever done…[/QUOTE] No, we really don’t. I’m sorry, but I personally give this man no credit.

I don’t care if he is the man at the top when the decision was made to look at football and will be made to get football. He had no choice. Had he said no to this for his entire tenure, he would have seen this school’s athletics continue to decline and would have had an uprising from the students and alumni on his hands. He deserves as much credit as Ben Comstock.

I don't care if he is the man at the top when the decision was made to look at football and will be made to get football. He had no choice. Had he said no to this for his entire tenure, he would have seen this school's athletics continue to decline and would have had an uprising from the students and alumni on his hands. He deserves as much credit as Ben Comstock.

Well, at least he had the brains to see this… Woodward and the others didn’t have any foresight in this area and we ended up in the A10. Remember how far we got with football with them: No where.

… Ben Comstock… Ouch!!

Well, at least he had the brains to see this... Woodward and the others didn't have any foresight in this area and we ended up in the A10. Remember how far we got with football with them: No where.

… Ben Comstock… Ouch!!

Well, but Woodward wasn’t faced with this kind of movement. Once the people got organized the chancellor, whoever he was, was doomed. Had we gotten working a few years earlier when Woodward was chancellor, he would have had to pick yes on football (unless he planned to hold out for the short period until he retired.)

Well, but Woodward wasn't faced with this kind of movement. Once the people got organized the chancellor, whoever he was, was doomed. Had we gotten working a few years earlier when Woodward was chancellor, he would have had to pick yes on football (unless he planned to hold out for the short period until he retired.)

You can’t really say that. Woodward very well might have done exactly what is happening now.