New Football Article

You can't really say that. Woodward very well might have done exactly what is happening now.
What? Isn't that what I just said?
Well, but Woodward wasn't faced with this kind of movement. Once the people got organized the chancellor, whoever he was, was doomed. Had we gotten working a few years earlier when Woodward was chancellor, he would have had to pick yes on football (unless he planned to hold out for the short period until he retired.)

I donā€™t think soā€¦ Woodward was SERIOUSLY anti-football. To the point where he put in the master plan that ā€œNo football stadium will be built on university property.ā€ Thatā€™s a pretty big statement. Woodward was much more against it than Dubois. I donā€™t think any movement would have made a dent in his way of thinking.

I don't think so.... Woodward was SERIOUSLY anti-football. To the point where he put in the master plan that "No football stadium will be built on university property." That's a pretty big statement. Woodward was much more against it than Dubois. I don't think any movement would have made a dent in his way of thinking.
Oh dang. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sure you know Woodward better than I do since I only was around for his last year. I just believe in the power of the people and no dictator, even as thick headed as Woodward could have been, can stand up to the might of a united people.

[QUOTE=ninerID;251476]i had a ton of classes with Bills son at Charlotte.

Comparing Buffalo and Charlotte in any way shape or form is idiotic.[/QUOTE]

We should leverage the ā€œlocal media personalitiesā€ connections with the University. Obviously Chisox should head this committee.

Tom Sorensenā€™s son
John Hancockā€™s son
Stan Olsonā€™s son
Bill Rosinkiā€™s son

Mike P, you going to send any young oneā€™s to the North side of town?

Oh dang. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sure you know Woodward better than I do since I only was around for his last year. I just believe in the power of the people and no dictator, even as thick headed as Woodward could have been, can stand up to the might of a united people.

Looks like weā€™re on the right path now, regardless. I just hope the movement sustains and even increases its momentum. This study means everything right now.

[QUOTE]According to an estimate by Darin Spease, senior associate athletics director for business, the 49ersā€™ athletics expense budget would increase from $10.5 million in 2005-06 to $19.4 million (much of that in start-up costs and added womenā€™s programs) to accommodate a football program that would kick off in 2012.[/QUOTE]

I think itā€™s a done deal, personally. Make decision in early 2008. First season in 2012.

I think it's a done deal, personally. Make decision in early 2008. First season in 2012.
Ditto.
Oh dang. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sure you know Woodward better than I do since I only was around for his last year. [B]I just believe in the power of the people and no dictator,[/B] even as thick headed as Woodward could have been, can stand up to the might of a united people.

lol, hanging around NNN should have taught you better than that. :tongue:

I think it's a done deal, personally. Make decision in early 2008. First season in 2012.

yep. I think a lot of this stuff is a formality.

I want to say it is, but Im too scared to let out a sigh of relief yet.

"With the growth the university is showing and the market we have here in Charlotte, I think the school and city would respond very favorably to I-A," said committee chair Mac Everett. [B]"What this university wants and this marketplace demands is a I-A program."[/B]
I think that's a pretty bold statement, particularly the second half of it. So what you're saying is the Charlotte market is demanding a DI-A program? Wow.

[QUOTE=49or bust;251483]Well, but Woodward wasnā€™t faced with this kind of movement. Once the people got organized the chancellor, whoever he was, was doomed. Had we gotten working a few years earlier when Woodward was chancellor, he would have had to pick yes on football (unless he planned to hold out for the short period until he retired.)[/QUOTE]

its called the internet. It can organize a faction of people.

Woodward always heard football in the distance and whispers in his ear. But NNN, CFI, emails, and the Observer watching it unfold online is what broke the camelā€™s back. It made it impossible for Dubois to ignore. Nobody back in the 80ā€™s-90ā€™s would actually fire up their word processor and snail mail football letters to Woodward, Judy, or the Observer.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;251484]You canā€™t really say that. Woodward very well might have done exactly what is happening now.[/QUOTE]
you are WAY off base.

[QUOTE=run49er;251449]The one error I caught was his mention of A-10 football, which no longer exists with that being taken over by the Colonial. I think that becomes a stickier situation, especially since there are already 12 schools in the CAA football conference. Seems like it would limit our I-AA options to the SoCon and the Big South.[/QUOTE]

Could we be independant in division 1-AA? I donā€™t think it would be hard to get a schedule doing for 4 years, with App, Coastal, Pembroke and a few other close teams, plus we probably could get state to play us, since they like to put 1-AA teams on their schedule. I donā€™t understand the comment in the article that independant costs more for travel, if you have 5 away games does it matter if your idependant or not?

We would be independent when we would join 1-A. We would find a conference in 1-AA likely, but independent in 1-A contains ND, Navy, Army, and I think Temple moved so forget them. Some teams line up a conference when they make the jump and for the first two seasons just are not allowed to participate in any post-season games, but still are a conf. member, thus creating a conf. slate of 8 or 9 games. If youā€™re independent you have to go out and schedule 11 or 12 games, not 3 or 4 if you have a conf.

Hope you do not mind I posted the Observer article and meeting pictures on the National Big east board. The crew over there loves this stuff and talks expansion all year long.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=409

Thanks TCC!

Hope weā€™re not getting ripped over there. But honestly, just happy to be mentioned in discussion at this point.

Yeah, thanks.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;251521]Thanks TCC!

Hope weā€™re not getting ripped over there. But honestly, just happy to be mentioned in discussion at this point.[/QUOTE]

Its really been the opposite so far. Very good responses over there. Its amazing the perception this school has away from the city vs in the city. Its almost night and day.

[QUOTE=wvucrazed]The Big East football in 10 years?

UCONN
Rutgers
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Charlotte
Georgia State
USF

I like it![/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=243538&pid=2568170#pid2568170]Source[/URL]

I like where heā€™s going with this.