New Forums?

Perhaps, now that we are a 3 major sports University, Its time to split the 49ers Sports Forum into Basketball, Baseball, Lady Sports and Olympic Sports to go along with Charlotte Football. Any thoughts?

I like the idea for Niner Baseball to have its own forum.

I think the biggest benefit to separate forums is that 49ers Sports catches everything that people just want to post up when they aren’t as familiar with the site as its veterans are. With separate forums they will have to think more about where a topic should go, plus it makes it easier to look up stuff about baseball or the Lady 49ers.

Your second and third option are basically the same.

I think it should all be in one forum. Football keeps its own forum until we get the team and stadium and then the forum is closed. Then we keep all our sports stuff in one forum.

I like being able to see everything in one area and not search for threads of interest when it comes to our sports. I wouldn’t want to go looking in the Olympics sports forum for Olympic sports because I’m just not that passionate about those, and probably would end up less informed. Same with Baseball tho I’m bigger on that than Olympic stuff. Not to mention, separating and playing favorites isn’t cool.

[QUOTE=49or bust;362011]Your second and third option are basically the same.

I think it should all be in one forum. Football keeps its own forum until we get the team and stadium and then the forum is closed. Then we keep all our sports stuff in one forum.

I like being able to see everything in one area and not search for threads of interest when it comes to our sports. I wouldn’t want to go looking in the Olympics sports forum for Olympic sports because I’m just not that passionate about those, and probably would end up less informed. Same with Baseball tho I’m bigger on that than Olympic stuff. Not to mention, separating and playing favorites isn’t cool.[/QUOTE]

But wouldn’t much of your concerns be dealt with by the current home page?

#3 should be considered as a no opinion, I was just being cute with the football only separate forum comment.

Under no circumstance would I support folding the Football Forum into Sports! We fought too long and hard to get football to treat it like an equal to everything else!

I think that Football will likely maintain its own forum. Most schools with both sports and active boards, have two separate forums for those sports. I think that once we actually get to the point where we are competing on the field, the volume of football topics will be extremely high. And at that point, a lot of threads about baseball, soccer, Lacrosse, etc. will get lost in the shuffle. So it would make more sense to just give football a separate forum and keep basketball tied into the other sports.

We’ll certainly explore some options down the road but I think that for now, things are okay as they are.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;362015]I think that Football will likely maintain its own forum. Most schools with both sports and active boards, have two separate forums for those sports. I think that once we actually get to the point where we are competing on the field, the volume of football topics will be extremely high. And at that point, a lot of threads about baseball, soccer, Lacrosse, etc. will get lost in the shuffle. So it would make more sense to just give football a separate forum and keep basketball tied into the other sports.

We’ll certainly explore some options down the road but I think that for now, things are okay as they are.[/QUOTE]

Not that I’m trying to create TOO MUCH busy work for you guys!:biggrin:

When we get to the point where we need moderators I would love to be the first for the football forum!

[QUOTE=49or bust;362011]Your second and third option are basically the same.

I like being able to see everything in one area and not search for threads of interest when it comes to our sports. I wouldn’t want to go looking in the Olympics sports forum for Olympic sports because I’m just not that passionate about those, and probably would end up less informed. Same with Baseball tho I’m bigger on that than Olympic stuff. Not to mention, separating and playing favorites isn’t cool.[/QUOTE]

That settles it for me. Whatever bust endorses I take the oppo.

Get these separate forums up.

I think we need a big boys room where you can speak freely w/o pms’ing boys chiming in. We could call it the “cigar room” or something where only men could post, nobody under 21 allowed (or a 2000 post min), and the cocktail waitresses wear short skirts for over40 and HP. It would be where all the secrets of NNN are held.

I know it didn't take that long for you to figure this one out. Though in all honesty, we are more like 98% disagree, 2% agree, 1% margin of error.

[QUOTE=metro;362020]That settles it for me. Whatever bust endorses I take the oppo.

I think we need a big boys room where you can speak freely w/o pms’ing boys chiming in. We could call it the “cigar room” or something where only men could post, nobody under 21 allowed ([B]or a 2000 post min[/B]), and the cocktail waitresses wear short skirts for over40 and HP. It would be where all the secrets of NNN are held.[/QUOTE]

I better get to posting more often! I don’t want be stuck at the kiddie table

The only reason I know so flipping much about this school and its athletics is because I see the headlines for each of the different sports dependent on the day they occur. If we separate, I’ll probably only check Basketball and Football which means I will probably no longer be plugged into whats going on with the other sports…

not that I dont care, I can just see where the traffic on those threads will get so much less that most of them will rarely be posted on. If they dont get posted on, I will eventually give up checking them to see if anyone said anything of interest.

dont shaft the rest of teh school! KEEP IT LIKE IT IS!

and the cocktail waitresses wear short skirts for over40 and HP. It would be where all the secrets of NNN are held.
That settles it for me. I'm in the room where the cocktail waitresses are serving drinks.

…but with the exception of the new room with cocktail waitresses, I like NNN the way it is now. It’s too much trouble to go searching from forum to forum. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I think we need a big boys room where you can speak freely w/o pms’ing boys chiming in. We could call it the “cigar room” or something where only men could post, nobody under 21 allowed (or a 2000 post min), and the cocktail waitresses wear short skirts for over40 and HP. It would be where all the secrets of NNN are held.

haha awesome idea. A better pre-req though would be, you have to have been a poster on CUSA-Talk…

haha awesome idea. A better pre-req though would be, you have to have been a poster on CUSA-Talk [B]and have participated in the Girls of CUSA Thread
Fixed[/B]

Um, what about us girls, too? Hello? And no, I don’t wear short skirts :tongue:

Um, what about us girls, too? Hello? And no, I don't wear short skirts :tongue:

maybe you could borrow a skirt from Job???

nah- you’re in, you are one of the guys

nah- you're in, you are one of the guys

Thanks…just making sure! :tongue:

Just break the Niner Sports forums into subforums: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Pole Vault, and other, as long as they work like they do now and you can see everything together no matter what forum its in, it shouldn’t make a difference.

I’m leaving (and taking my balls with me) if sparty can’t be included.

Bump for new votes and comments.