New Observer Low?

I also absolutely hate that we are misidentified, but the fact is we need to remove UNC from our name, because we are not going to change a 200+ year old institutions identity.

Ding ding ding ding!

[QUOTE] They might as well try to sell tickets for UNC-CH. They surely can’t sell that rag they call a newspaper.[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

We provide ticket numbers and web addresses like that as a reader service. I don’t remember any complaints when we did it here:

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2008/11/fsl-reservations-reach-4703.html

We provide ticket numbers and web addresses like that as a reader service. I don't remember any complaints when we did it here:

Maybe because FSLs have to do with the city in which your paper is printed.

Well, I can understand ticket information for local events… but I can’t imagine reading about ticket information for the Gamecocks, which are closer than say… the Tar Heels. Local makes sense to put in the paper… 100 miles away… not so much.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;370480]Maybe because FSLs have to do with the city in which your paper is printed.[/QUOTE]

You mean the same city where that bowl game will be played?

We provide ticket numbers and web addresses like that as a reader service. I don't remember any complaints when we did it here:

Hey Mike…maybe you can tell me if there are any UNC Wilmington tickets left for their next home game?

Where can I buy some Fayetteville State University tickets?

Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.

where did the article mention the bowl game?
Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.
the only thing more of a joke than the observer are your arguments

Hansbrough is playing in a bowl game? Catch up Mike!

I thought this was funny :smiley:

[QUOTE]Oh by the way…

Tickets are still available to watch the (3-6) Charlotte 49ers take on the mighty Youngstown State Penquins (1-7) Sunday!

Yeah… lots of tickets are available for that one…cant believe thats not sold out yet…[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

:49ers:

Phil will take a shot for every point TH scores and then drive home.

Tintin

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;370485]Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.[/QUOTE]

I don’t hate you or the Big “o”, but you guys are now officially pimps for the heels.

The last couple of years I’ve been glad you’ve chosen to shun the local team that shares a name in the title.

However, isn’t it time to re-name the paper? Seems like for a regional paper as you fancy yourself, a city name in the title would seem a bit limiting if not hypocritical.

Being that my hatred has overwhelmed by ability to reason, can you explain this quote to me?

I “reason” it to mean that you have no clue what the hell your talking about, but I’m sure thats just my hatred talking. Can you clear this up for me?

Unbelievable! Now they want your comments on how you think he will score the record breaking point and the first response is great!

[URL]http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-will-hansbrough-score-record-point.html[/URL]

My bad. I thought we were talking about the Meineke Car Care Bowl blog, in which we listed ticket info. I didn’t see that one until now.

You’re right on the ticket thing for Chapel Hill. That blog was picked up by the online producers, from the N&O. I’m going to take it down.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;370479]We provide ticket numbers and web addresses like that as a reader service. I don’t remember any complaints when we did it here:

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2008/11/fsl-reservations-reach-4703.html[/QUOTE]

You did it in Utter’s blog. He covers NA$CAR and the Niners only. Observations from Above the Rim features “Inside Information and Observations on College Basketball in the Carolinas and Beyond from the Reporting Staff of the Charlotte Observer” Since that is a state-wide blog, then I don’t mind seeing Chapel Hill info in it. But a blatant advertisement for UNC-CH ticket sales? That’s absurd, even for the Observer.

[QUOTE]You mean the same city where that bowl game will be played?[/QUOTE]
I am really confused by this post… you are defending your paper pushing UNC-CH basketball tickets in a blog, by mentioning that UNC-CH football will be playing in a bowl game in Charlotte? Does your paper also cover the price of tea in various nations? I’m interested in China…

[QUOTE]Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.[/QUOTE]
I have yet to see any reason from you…

You're right on the ticket thing for Chapel Hill. That blog was picked up by the online producers, from the N&O. I'm going to take it down.
+1

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;370485]Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.[/QUOTE]

Yo Mike! Which one of the response under this thread would be considered as a “cool” kid in your book?:tongue: