New Podcasts: "Hwy49" and "Inside the Mine"šŸŽ™ļø

I have been hearing that we have a big beautiful campus and that we are a diamond in the rough for many, many, many decades. I am tired of hearing it. As Hunter would sayā€¦" for sure".

1 Like

ā€œThe stadium was built to be expanded and thatā€™s gonna need to happenā€

He didnā€™t commit to time, thatā€™s pretty much committing to expanding tho.

1 Like

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of a sign at one of my watering holes.

FREE BEER!!!
(Tomorrow)

Some interesting comments from Hunter based on his discussions with Mike Hill:

1. No timetable for Phase 1 construction. Itā€™ll get built when they have the money. (No mention of how far along they are on the $81M pricetag)

2. Construction will take 2-2.5 years. I think this was in reference to all of Phase 1 projects. Not sure though.

3. Mike prefers to go straight to 30k, but it will depend on funding, inflation, availability of materials and workers, etc.

4. We play CHeat in 2024. If we donā€™t have the stadium expanded by then, thereā€™s a good chance we might play them in BofA due to how many tickets could be sold. This will completely wipe out our home field advantage and on a personal level I would freaking hate to see this happen. We need to make stadium expansion happen ASAP and keep this game on our campus.

4 Likes

clt says CHeat game should be played on campus.

1 Like

I think we can sell 30k tickets easily to any in state or SC P5 L, or any App or ECU game. On that basis alone we really should be building to 30k ASAP.

We should bring a pretty good crowd to Maryland game too.

30k really isnā€™t that big. Itā€™s less than 75% of UCF and UAB, and the same size as FAU and Wake IIRC.

I need to get clarity on this. What is enough to be considered ā€œhave the moneyā€. Is it they need all the cash promised? Need it all on hand? Need enough to issue debt? I have an idea in my head of how much they have but what their funding model is for this changes how to read that.

If it is enough to issue debt and build like we have nearly everything else I think we probably have enough now.

If it is have to have it all committed will probably be a bit.

If we need to have it all on hand - ugh.

1 Like

Number 2 should 100% not happen anywhere but JRSā€¦30000 permanent seats, 21,000 permanent seats and some temporary seatsā€¦whateverā€¦NOT at BoA.

5 Likes

Agreed, Cheat needs to fall on our turf.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll selfishly say that I donā€™t want to give money blindly. I really didnā€™t do it when we originally built the Rich. We had firm construction plans and a date in hand and I got to pick out my seats.

I plan on stroking a bigger check than I have before, but I also want to tie it in to the seat location / amenities that I want. We know that there are going to be giving level requirements for club seats, loge boxes, etc.

Iā€™d like to see those options put in front of me before I commit. I understand plans change, but I am not stroking a big check for a maybe.

1 Like

And this is why they try to do as much of the heavy lifting with funds before announcing the plan. I know people wanted to see it, but the key is having enough money committed to the project so that they can lock in many of the things you are talking about THEN ask the smaller donors like us to step up and commit feeling confident in what is going to be built. Showing the plan too early actually slows fund raising and the process. I hope we didnt do that just to answer the crowd that was getting more impatient.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very fair comment. I respect it.

1 Like

So when we going to hear about what they already have?

I think that is a good and valid question. It is why I have kept harping on the money side of this vs what the plan looked like or had in it.

If Mike H. sat on this for 3 years only to ā€œprematurelyā€ release it because the same fans were still complaining (self included), we have bigger issues than fundraising in our AD.

2 Likes

I would love to know what the itā€™s time to go public gate was. Was it % raised? Was it a date? Did media get wind and was going to let it go? Was it conference mandated? Was it to answer fanbase complaints? Id love to know.

1 Like