New Post-Season Tournament??

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3110361

Is this going to start becoming like bowl games? It starts to lose it’s meaning if “everyone” gets to play in the post-season. Making a bowl game used to mean a lot- now there are so many that it’s lost its luster. Wonder if that’s happening with bball too, now?

I understand it’s all $$$ driven, but can this benefit a program like ours or is it meant to help give more exposure to the Davidson/Gardner Webb/App State, etc.?

I would rather see a tourney with teams that lose in the 1st weekend of the NCAA tourney than this. This is too much.

I would too Bojangles. It will not be fun to watch 2 teams playing three straight games against each other.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;269026]saying something over and over doesn’t make it true.[/QUOTE]
you mean like saying over and over that you don’t do pre-game articles? then giving your blue fairies a half page pre-game today?

There are 65 NCAA & 40 NIT spots, so the winner can brag about being…
#106?
Who cares about #106?

[QUOTE=s9er;269121]#107[/QUOTE]
and then the #107 team will argue they are one of the best 106.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;269026]saying something over and over doesn’t make it true.[/QUOTE]
you mean like saying over and over that you don’t do pre-game articles? then giving your blue fairies a half page pre-game today?

I would rather see a tourney with teams that lose in the 1st weekend of the NCAA tourney than this. This is too much.

Absolutely too much.

Absolutely too much.

That hat is absolutely too much.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;269127]Absolutely too much.[/QUOTE]
way too much. who would care about any of those games? probably not even the fans.

How will you guys feel if we got invited to this thing?

I will still feel like it’s too much. It won’t even come CLOSE to being cool or respectable. Just seems like complete overkill to me.

That hat is absolutely too much.

Well, I guess I’m defeated then. Your wit and seemingly impossible aptitude for clever puns has convinced me of both the silliness and lameness of my hat. Thank you, friend.

Well, I guess I'm defeated then. Your wit and seemingly impossible aptitude for clever puns has convinced me of both the silliness and lameness of my hat. Thank you, friend.

Your welcome. I’ll enjoy your sarcasm.

We’re so going to be invited to this tourney

You’re welcome as well.

And I won’t make any predictions as to what we’ll be invited to. But whether we get invited or not, this is a stupid idea.

… and they’ll so hang a banner in Halton if we get invited.

They probably will. I can’t really stop them. It’s STILL a stupid idea.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;269131]How will you guys feel if we got invited to this thing?[/QUOTE]

Remember the NIT game we hosted where there were 2000 fans in Halton?? Cut that in half.

CharSFNiners, You’re right about the banner. It would say “1st Round - 3rd Rate Tourney”

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;269131]How will you guys feel if we got invited to this thing?[/QUOTE]

i would feel like we had a piss poor season. sort of like playing in the “toilet bowl” in football.