New Schools

With the growth of the University to 35,000, and the obvious need for more degree related job in the region. What new colleges, programs and schools would you like to see added to the U?

My List:

1 Medical School
2 Law School
3 Dental School
4 College of Pharmacy
5 College of Journalism and Broadcasting (too many Tarholes in this field for my taste)

I’d like to see the College of Arts and Science split into seperate Colleges, with Science offering more BS’s.

As an engineering student:

1 Industrial
2 Chemical
3 Nuclear
4 Biological

If we just got a law school & med school, I would be overjoyed.

Journalism and Broadcasting. Selfish reasons. I want pro-Niners media all over the place. Not just Dave Jaegler in Boston. Notice I didn’t mention Cornbread.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;221809]Notice I didn’t mention Cornbread.[/QUOTE]

Who?

medical and law school
pharmacy would be nice bc ive lost friends to carolina for that

medical and law school pharmacy would be nice bc ive lost friends to carolina for that

Me too…except my friends went to chapel hill, not columbia :mellow:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;221805]My List:

1 Medical School
2 Law School
3 Dental School
4 College of Pharmacy
5 College of Journalism and Broadcasting (too many Tarholes in this field for my taste)

[/QUOTE]

I like your list, and in about the same order, although I would rate 2 & 3 a tie and also rate 4 & 5 a tie.

About the School of Journalism and Broadcasting… I (sort of jokingly) stated we needed a School of Journalism years ago on the older boards and not too many people jumped on that bandwagon. It looks like things may be changing now.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;221827]I like your list, and in about the same order, although I would rate 2 & 3 a tie and also rate 4 & 5 a tie.

About the School of Journalism and Broadcasting… I (sort of jokingly) stated we needed a School of Journalism years ago on the older boards and not too many people jumped on that bandwagon. It looks like things may be changing now.[/QUOTE]

It’d be nice to have one just so we can take over the local paper, just kidding Mike. Yet it would be nice to see a more balanced view in this state’s newsrooms. I’d suggest a concentration on sports journalism.

We also need:

College of Government

Don’t get Nuclear & Biological Engineers. I’m not trying to be predujiced, but this is most likely to be foreigners, & we don’t need a scandal where 20-30 years from now a UNC Charlotte grad made a Nuclear or Biological weapon used on the US.

Med School would be nice.
We won’t get a Law School because of the Charlotte Law School. The only chance we have is a public/private partnership w/ them.

Industrial Engineering - This is rapidly growing across the country.

Don't get Nuclear & Biological Engineers. I'm not trying to be predujiced, but this is most likely to be foreigners, & we don't need a scandal where 20-30 years from now a UNC Charlotte grad made a Nuclear or Biological weapon used on the US.

What the hell are you talking about? Nuclear engineering doesn’t teach you how to make an atomic bomb, and bioengineering has to do with medical equipment. Youre so dumb.

Don't get Nuclear & Biological Engineers. I'm not trying to be predujiced, but this is most likely to be foreigners, & we don't need a scandal where 20-30 years from now a UNC Charlotte grad made a Nuclear or Biological weapon used on the US.

what the **** does predujiced mean? I think you are foreign, to a dictionary… OHHHHHhhhh. you heard me.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;221862]what the **** does predujiced mean? [/QUOTE]

Let’s analyze that word.

“pre” means before or to preceed.

“dujici” has to stand for “judicial” and he just got confused on the “j” and the “d”.

“ed” is, of course, “education”

So the word apparently is a reference to pre-judicial-education.

:smile:

how about the charlotte school of refereeing - we would just have to hold 1 class and i think we would be number one in the nation…

and i think we should team up with charlotte law… probably would help both institutions

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;221844]Don’t get Nuclear & Biological Engineers. I’m not trying to be predujiced, but this is most likely to be foreigners, & we don’t need a scandal where 20-30 years from now a UNC Charlotte grad made a Nuclear or Biological weapon used on the US.[/QUOTE]

We better not have a flight school, because some foreigner may take some classes and then learn how to fly the plane into a building. We should probably just buy extra American flags and cease all education in the name of safety.

There is absolutely no reason why we would have to team up with Charlotte school of law in order to start our own law school. Wake is about to move theirs here. We need to hurry on this one.

I say better late than never… Set it up, and put it in the downtown building.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;222095]There is absolutely no reason why we would have to team up with Charlotte school of law in order to start our own law school. Wake is about to move theirs here. We need to hurry on this one.

I say better late than never… Set it up, and put it in the downtown building.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

wake is setting one up here?

WTF IS OUR PROBLEM?
carolina med school
wake law school

why dont we just call ourselves UNC Charlotte - the other schools beat us to our own city