New U2 Album

I don’t know if anyone out there is a big U2 fan, but I have become quite fond of their music over the past few years. I went out today and bought their new album, and it is REALLY good. It has a very “Joshua Tree” sound to it. It comes highly recommended.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 10:42 PM [b] I don't know if anyone out there is a big U2 fan, but I have become quite fond of their music over the past few years. I went out today and bought their new album, and it is REALLY good. It has a very "Joshua Tree" sound to it. It comes highly recommended. [/b]
I have a major issue with Vertigo that I have to get over before I'll listen.

I had burnt out on them ten years ago, and hadnt liked anything since Actung. Maybe I’d give them another listen if I could get over my little hangup.

Is it me or does Bono look the same today as he did 10 years ago???

[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 09:54 AM [b] Is it me or does Bono look the same today as he did 10 years ago??? [/b]
He bought Michael Jackson's oxygen chamber. No word yet on whether or not it will turn him black. :D

It seemed to turn Michael white.

New album is good stuff but doesn’t match their last effort.“All That You Can’t Leave Behind”…My wife and I have listened for a few days so far and there are no equals to Beautiful Day and Stuck in A Moment. Still a must for even the casual U2 fan.

[i]Originally posted by ninermike[/i]@Nov 27 2004, 09:01 PM [b] New album is good stuff but doesn't match their last effort."All That You Can't Leave Behind".....My wife and I have listened for a few days so far and there are no equals to Beautiful Day and Stuck in A Moment. Still a must for even the casual U2 fan. [/b]
"Beautiful Day" is one of my favorite songs of all-time, but I think that "City of Blinding Lights" and "Miracle Drug" are two incredibly awesome songs... they remind me of the old U2 stuff.