New UCF basketball arena

Went to a game last night at UCF’s new arena. (Wife is an alum). Got to sit in the luxury box seats for my co.

Pretty nice place - it’s brand new this year. Not as big as Halton but more modern - probably 10 luxury boxes, each one had 3 small flat screen TV’s. What was weird was that you could buy beer in the luxury box, but not anywhere else.

UCF whomped up on the Presbyterian Blue Hose (real name), a new to Div I school. UCF will probably challenge for the C-USA title, they have a pretty decent team with quite a few seniors.

Would love to see Charlotte come down here and play them (since we don’t get USF no more), but obviously not a lot in it for us 49ers (beside me).

didn’t they just get a football stadium too?

UCF is a good up and coming athletic program. They will probably be the next team targeted if the Big East adds another football school. I would enjoy seeing Charlotte play them in basketball and football possibly in the same conference.

PC is my dad’s alma mater…

The PC mascot is the Blue Hose, represented by a Scotsman clad in a kilt with blue stockings. PC athletics are a part of the Big South Conference of NCAA's Division I. PC is also home to Cyrus, the largest bronze statue of a Scotsman in the world.

Wikipedia.org: Presbyterian College

And yes, they play football!

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;272211]UCF is a good up and coming athletic program. They will probably be the next team targeted if the Big East adds another football school. I would enjoy seeing Charlotte play them in basketball and football possibly in the same conference.[/QUOTE]

I would think that USF would fight tooth and nail to not let UCF join the Big East.

[QUOTE=ninerID;272207]didn’t they just get a football stadium too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Brighthouse Networks stadium (Brighthouse is the renamed Time Warner down here). I’m not sure if Brighthouse had anything to do with basketball arena, but the tv’s in the luxury boxes have cable, so maybe some sort of tie in there.

UCF is definitely growing. I always likened them to Charlotte (and would have gone to UCF had I not moved to NC) but recently it seems like they are growing by leaps and bounds in all areas, whereas ours is more in the academic realm. Which is good, but…

I also think USF would not like it if UCF joined in the Big East, I am pretty sure Leavitt is going to cancel (or not renew) USF’s series with UCF soon. Even though they beat the pants off of them typically.
Of course I also think the Big East will split before it adds any more teams, but if it wanted a school with football UCF is a pretty good choice. IMO, FSU, UF, UofM and UCF/USF is quickly becoming UNC/NCSU/Duke/WF, a bunch of recognized colleges all in one state.