Newest Niners!!

On Tuesday night at 10:35pm, we welcomed John Teryl Moore into this world. At exactly 10:36, we welcomed his twin sister, Bowman Virgilia to this world! He tips the scale at 4 lbs 12oz, and she weighed in at 4 lbs 10oz. Both were 17.25 inches long. They are in the Intensive Care Nursery, but are both doing great. They will stay there for a few weeks so they can get bigger and stronger and learn how to eat. My wife is recovering very nicely from the c-section.

They have not met their big sister (5 1/2 year old Sophie) in person yet since she is in Greensboro on a planned visit, but we are thinking early next week after we get mom home and settled.

Congrats… good size too.

On Tuesday night at 10:35pm, we welcomed John Teryl Moore into this world. At exactly 10:36, we welcomed his twin sister, Bowman Virgilia to this world! He tips the scale at 4 lbs 12oz, and she weighed in at 4 lbs 10oz. Both were 17.25 inches long. They are in the Intensive Care Nursery, but are both doing great. They will stay there for a few weeks so they can get bigger and stronger and learn how to eat. My wife is recovering very nicely from the c-section.

They have not met their big sister (5 1/2 year old Sophie) in person yet since she is in Greensboro on a planned visit, but we are thinking early next week after we get mom home and settled.

Congrats!

A real Niner would’ve named the brother Leemire and the sister Traci Ray, but that’s just my thoughts.

See PM.

Congrats!!

Congrats on the twins!!

Congrats!!!

Gratz man!

congrats and good luck…we just had our second in April and I havent recovered yet!

CONGRATS JD!!! Great to hear the news.

thats awesome- congratulations!

John & Bowman in ‘da houz’!!!

congratulations. and good luck!

Congratulations JDM.

Congrats man!

Congratulations! That is awesome man!

Congrat’s JD…that is great news. Sure you are working on zone defenses…

Congratulations! I also have twins and it is KRAZY but a great blessing.

Just “survive and advance” each day till they are 2 and then it gets much easier.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;416164]

Just “survive and advance” each day till they are 2 and then it gets much easier.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about that. I think it’s the “terrible threes” rather than the “terrible twos”.

I agree about the 3’s more than the 2’s but I really was not even thinking about personalities just the huge workload with twins.

Twins do a lot of catching up the first 6 months they are home because of being born a little earlier. My boys fed every 2 hours for 14 straight weeks after we brought them home and because of acid reflux it took a hour to feed each one so it was literally non stop feeding for 14 weeks. Unfortunately my wife and I had no help during this time so that probably intensified my experience a lot. I did not sleep more than 2 hours at a time or 4 hours total in a day for those 14 weeks. It sounds like JD has some good family support so that sould help tremendously.

JD if anybody offers you diapers TAKE THEM. We were going thru up to 30 a day in the beginning.

Do not take my posts as too negative because twins are double the fun also but until they are potty trained IT IS ON LIKE DONKY KONG!!!

JD. PM me if you need any pointers. Your wife will get plenty on her side but if you need the male point of view on multiples survival skills I will be glad to help you and if I can not help you my good friend has triplets and I can refer you to him. We have the male multiples point of view covered even down to the trip to Hooters or the Beach where you will always get a lot of positive attention!!

Congratulations!!

We’re still recovering from sleep deprivation after having our first in January 2009.

Best wishes for you and your new additions!