Next 5 games

ECU
@UAB
Saint Louis
@Cincy
@Marquette

With the new weighting of road wins in the RPI, this becomes a crucial part of the schedule. While the two home games should be wins, the road games are huge. Not prognosticating, but we really need to steal at least 1 of those road games. Winning 2 would be very good.

Couldn’t agree more. Ideally, I’d like to win all 3 of them but not sure it’s going to happen. I’d like to at least win the UAB game and split the Cincy/Marquette. Winning the two home games is a must of course.

I think I would settle for the two home wins and one of the road…

[i]Originally posted by Funny Like on TV[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 11:06 AM [b]ECU @UAB Saint Louis @Cincy @Marquette[/b]
I will not be happy with less than two home wins, a win at UAB and at least a close game in Milwaukee, where I think we have historically had trouble (anyone know our record there?). A win at Cincinatti this year would be a steal.

Hoping for 4:1, will settle for 3:2

Winger: “We’re not going to Moscow. It’s Czechoslovakia, it’s like going into Wisconsin.” : B)

Zisky: “I once got my ass kicked in Wisconsin” :fastgun:

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft+Dec 30 2004, 11:58 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MeinShaft @ Dec 30 2004, 11:58 AM)
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 11:58 AM [b] I will not be happy with less than two home wins, a win at UAB and at least a close game in Milwaukee, where I think we have historically had trouble (anyone know our record there?). A win at Cincinatti this year would be a steal. [/b]
The away records at those two places is dreadful. [b]Record at UAB[/b]: 4-14 overall; Pratt - 0-3, Wissel - 0-4, Mullins - 3-5, Watkins - 0-0, [b]Lutz - 1-2[/b] [b]Record at Marquette[/b]: 2-7 overall; Pratt - 0-2, Mullins - 0-1, Watkins - 1-0, [b]Lutz - 1-4[/b]

After watching East Carolina stink at Clemson last night on TV, 74-40, I’ll predict a 14 point victory over the Pirates. The 49ers have no killer instinct to put a team away. A 4-1 start in Conference USA would be wonderful.

Gonna be tough. Marquette’s a tough team this year. Am I wrong, or did they beat Wisconsin this season already? Wisconsin is TOUGH!!! That’ll be a difficult game, and Cincy always is. They are flawed this year though, as is UAB. We should win at UAB. That’s the only game I would call a ‘disappointment’ if we lost.

Of course the two home games are locks. If not, we might as well give it up. Those are the two worst teams in CUSA - and quite possibly on the entire east coast. Saint Louis is God-Awful this year. Losing at home to Southeast Missouri State last night!!! That’s embarrassing. How does that happen?!?! Even SOUTHWEST Missouri State would have been acceptable, but not that. Yikes!
-G-

I think we go 4-1.

UAB and Cincy are the toughest, I agree about UM, they are not that good.

[i]Originally posted by GMadness[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 07:24 PM [b] Losing at home to Southeast Missouri State last night!!! That's embarrassing. How does that happen?!?! Even SOUTHWEST Missouri State would have been acceptable, but not that. Yikes! [/b]
I can tell you who they won't lose to at home. I'll give you a hint. It's in Charlotte, and it's not Queens.
[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 08:31 PM [b] I can tell you who they won't lose to at home. I'll give you a hint. It's in Charlotte, and it's not Queens. [/b]
Not this year.

I do not believe in fate, curses, etc.

St. Louis goes down at home this year (knock on wood).

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 08:25 PM [b] I do not believe in fate, curses, etc.

St. Louis goes down at home this year (knock on wood). [/b]

I agree. This is the year and if it’s not, it will never happen in our lifetime and there is for sure a curse of some sort. They are flat out pathetic and if we don’t sweep them, we don’t deserve to suit up.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 08:25 PM [b] I do not believe in fate, curses, etc.

St. Louis goes down at home this year (knock on wood). [/b]

looks like you do believe in superstitions though, which is basically the same type thing

These next 5 games are huge for us in my opinion. We have to find a way to start playing better. These last 4 games have been a joke. I am very concerned with our play going into the conference season. Our defense is at times non-existant. Plavich is falling back into his old habits and isn’t driving into the lane like he did late in the season last year and early this year. Lutz still doesn’t run consistant offense through Withers to open up the outside. Mitchell hasn’t been the PG we thought he would. I remember talk that Mitch would be able to get Withers the ball inside and lead this team. WRONG! Furthermore Withers goes through stretches where he looks half asleep on the court.

I don’t mean to sound like a whinner but I love this team and I am very concerned with where we are headed. I hope we can find a way to pull it together in the next few weeks. If not…GRRRR!

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Dec 30 2004, 10:25 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Dec 30 2004, 10:25 PM)

two similar names like southwest Mo. State and Southeast Mo. state are way to similar. Thats almost as bad ans unc-charlotte and unc-chapel hill. Why is our name so similar to a pile of baby blue cow dung. I want the unc crap officially snipped off.

Oh… back to the point of this thread
I say we go 5-0 because these kids are special.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Dec 31 2004, 10:19 PM [b] two similar names like southwest Mo. State and Southeast Mo. state are way to similar. Thats almost as bad ans unc-charlotte and unc-chapel hill. Why is our name so similar to a pile of baby blue cow dung. I want the unc crap officially snipped off.

I say we go 5-0 because these kids are special. [/b]

[b]I say we go 5-0 because these kids are special.[/b]

They didn’t look too “special” in the games I have watched.

Those are tough road games an I think we will be lucky to win one of the three, however I think we will need to win two for post season hopes.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Dec 31 2004, 10:19 PM [b] two similar names like southwest Mo. State and Southeast Mo. state are way to similar. Thats almost as bad ans unc-charlotte and unc-chapel hill. Why is our name so similar to a pile of baby blue cow dung. I want the unc crap officially snipped off.

I say we go 5-0 because these kids are special. [/b]

[b]Thats almost as bad ans unc-charlotte and unc-chapel hill. Why is our name so similar to a pile of baby blue cow dung. I want the unc crap officially snipped off.[/b]
Couldn't agree more.
[b]I say we go 5-0 because these kids are special.[/b]
I hope you're right but as of right now we've lost to the only two good teams we've played so far, almost lost to the 3rd best team we've played (Indiana) and haven't been as impressive as I thought we should have been against lesser competition. I'll give you that this team plays to the level of their competition, but that hasn't been good enough (yet) against good teams. The UAB game scares me, if Mitchell does his thing against them we can take them, otherwise it could be a long night. Mitch is the only way we'll beat their press plus this year we seem to be better when we go at a fast pace as opposed to running half-court sets.

I agree they’ve shown little consistency and being able to close out games against qaulity opponents, but I was just predicting that this is when they will start. 3-2 is more likely than my 5-0. I bet it is even likely that we lose to ECU or St.L not because they are good, but because we will play down to their level and they will beat us by 2 pts, but my official prediction is still 5-0. I think they will do it.

I wouldn’t say Rutgers is a good team, I’d say they are mediocre.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 03:22 PM [b] I wouldn't say Rutgers is a good team, I'd say they are mediocre. [/b]
I agree. Sorry I meant we lost to the two best teams we played so far. Rutgers is good based on the other teams we have played, but don't think they are a "good" team.