Next great player overseas...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/04/24/telfair.celtics.ap/index.html

S. Telfair will join his brother Jamel Thomas (former PU Friar) overseas after his latest run in w/ the Boston PD. Does anyone see this kid being resigned by and NBA team? What a waste of talent, only 21 and already on his way out of the NBA.

The saying goes “Better to lose in love (NBA money), than to have never loved (NBA money) at all”.

I think he is done with the NBA. Teams will put up with bad behavior and legal problems if the player is a star. They are less forgiving of marginal players.

Telfair would never be more than a reserve on a good team. Teams just don’t want the brain damage of dealing with a bad character for that kind of role.

Rodney White ran into a similar problem. He had the baggage of his gun play incident hanging over his head. That is why he will be stuck in the Euro Leagues.

to bad we didnt get to see this kid play one year of college. it would have really helped prepare him for the nba.

to bad we didnt get to see this kid play one year of college. it would have really helped prepare him for the nba.
Especially since he woulda played for Pitino. He would have learned a lot from him and been better prepared for pro ball.

What a waste…this kid will go down as another NYC playground player/lengend that never made it big in the NBA. I though he really could of been a superstar- he was schooling NBA player/college at the age of 13 at Rucker.

i think also that his skills didnt really translate to the nba. a 6’0" pg who cant shoot.

It is surprising to me from watching his documentary. His brother seemed to be guiding him in the right direction, but sometimes that doesn’t work.

While what he did wasn’t that bad, its something the NBA is trying to get rid of, and his play in the NBA isn’t going to land him another NBA job.

Welcome to the Omar Cook All-Stars