Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

If we had hired a new coach this season how many more wins would we have by this point? How many losses this year fall solely on Lambert? Maybe UMass. The team has played with more effort and intensity this season than Iā€™ve ever seen before. Iā€™m not sure a new coach goes bowling next season either.

With all that said Iā€™ll be happy if Lambert is gone after this season but Iā€™ll give him credit for some of the changes weā€™ve seen this season. Our wins have been against bad teams but in seasons past weā€™ve loss to those same bad teams (Rice 2016). Progress of the program inches forward.

We did hire all new coaches this year.

If we win 7 games then Lambert 100% stays. If we win 6 games then itā€™s a 75% chance he stays. It drops precipitously at 5 wins. Thatā€™s just the way it is peeps.

I love us. Iā€™m our biggest fan. Iā€™ll be amazed if we win five.

7 wins ainā€™t gonna happen, so weā€™ll never know, but David Scott said today he didnā€™t think 7-5 would save lambert

John Gruden May be unemployed

We ainā€™t going bowling but I like the optimism, better than yā€™all seemed to have come game week against SMU and WKU. It is nice to finally not see us in the bottom 10 for a few weeks. Oh yeah, this week they have us only a few spots behind UNC :joy:

https://www.espncharlotte.net/the-gerry-v-show-david-scott-2/

After listening to this, either D. Scott is on Brad Lambertā€™s payroll or he is trolling the entire fanbase because he can not be oblivious to the reasons why fans have bailed on the team.

Lambert will be fired right after the Florida Atlantic gameā€¦Happy Thanksgiving

hope youā€™re correct.

You have vastly under rated Scottā€™s ability to be oblivious.

Kansas just announced that their coach will not be retained, but will coach out the rest of the season. I had not even considered this hybrid approach to replacing Lambert.

Unless Brad told Mike he wanted something similar I donā€™t see this happening. This method is usually reserved for when a coach wants to leave, and not the other way around. Brad stands to make some money from us if we fire him.

I havenā€™t trolled far enough back, but i think we should seriously consider Glen Spencer after this season. Heā€™s shown that he can do a lot with a little.

Watching Sanchez do his thing getting kids to commit has me optimistic that Hill will make a good hire.

It would be nice to see the recruiting and coaching ability that Sanchez has brought to the table crossover to football.

1 Like

App is going to lose their football coach soon-ish, ECU sucks right now and are about to dump their Chancellor, and UNC-CH has a bad football coach they cannot afford to get rid of. Both Duke and UNC-CH have old BBall coaches. Wake has Manning, and he apparently isnā€™t the answer. I am starting to think our timing is right for a change. Fix our problems and ascend just when everybody else in NC is starting over.

1 Like

Definitely a good time for us to get the ball rolling! I donā€™t think K or Roy are going anywhere soon though. Both would probably have to have a medical crisis to leave their respective schools.

Looks like the only schools in decent shape right now might be us and NC State.

You serious, clark?

2 Likes