Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

State looks solid after dumping that game at home last night. #14 ranked team at home and stands looked 50% full

What if we just went and got another UVA top guy?

Has been part of the turnaround at Virginia. Followed Bronco from BYU. Coached OL under Mike Leach back in 2000-2004.

Coach Anae has done a good job. But since we are talking OL to HC at Charlotte, I would like us to take a look at Brent Key at the University of Alabama. He has a really good pedigree even prior to Tuscaloosa. He is young, but not green.

https://rolltide.com/coaches.aspx?rc=595

Anae is the OC at UVA, and was AHC/OC at BYU. His OL stint was a while ago.

Another potential candidate: Steve Spurrier, Jr.

https://wsucougars.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1662&path=football

I don’t see a wide receivers coach making the jump to head coach (Spurrier Jr).

Candidate was on campus today, flying back tonight

3 Likes

Hmmm…:flushed:

Explain further please…

clt says connect the dots

Date

Departure

Arrival

Aircraft

Duration

Tuesday
13-Nov-2018

07:10PM ESTConcord Rgnl - JQF

08:12PM CSTTuscaloosa Rgnl - TCL

BE20

2h 03m

1 Like

I think a name we should take a look at is Kerwin Bell! He is the Head football Coach at Valdosta State! Former Sec gator quarterback who played 13 Years professionally! He built Jacksonville University into a winning program. Since he left they went 2-7 this season. Kerwin is in his 3rd season at Valdosta State! This year they went 10 and 0 and won the Gsc conference championship! Kerwin is an offense of guy and his team lead the country in points per game with 52…2 per game! His team also was the only team in the entire country to score over 44 points every game this season! He always has explosive teams! I think with his southern ties and the way he builds up programs, he would be the perfect guy to build us to where we want to go! He has a ton of recruiting connections in the south! It shows with most of his team offense of starters this year are sophomores and freshman he recruited! His starting qb is Doug Dicky grandson and is actuall from Fort mill, South Carolina right outside of Charlotte! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmT6L6ANbjQ

3 Likes

^ These are the types of profiles I expect Hill to consider in 2 weeks…

1 Like

yo! me & the boys were eatin in the union yesterday and saw mike hill wit this guy

who is he? found em at fiu but i dont think their team is here yet

prospectivecoach

If you look back a ways you will see that I posted that i thought our next coach would be a 40-something coordinator from a P5 program. If you look even further back I suggested we look at Brady Hoke. Since then, Hoke has moved to Charlotte and is currently the linebackers coach for the Panthers. He would bring with him an outstanding record as a G5 Head Coach known for turning around programs, a reputation as beast on the recruiting trail, and admittedly, a mixed bag while HC at Michigan. Before this year with the Panthers Hoke was at Oregon and Tennessee where both his HCs got shot out from under him. Hoke just turned 60 a couple of weeks ago, but I can tell you when you get close to that milestone you realize it isn’t nearly as old as you thought it was. Maybe we don’t hire him, but no way we shouldn’t talk to him.

I used to live in Valdosta, they take their football seriously. They were voted ‘Title Town USA’ in an ESPN contest, years ago, over the likes of Boston, Green Bay and Gainesville.

Spurrier Jr.'s dad used to spend his summers in Charlotte as a kid in the '50s and early '60s. His dad was a minister in the Tri-Cities area in East Tennessee and the family sent Steve here because an uncle lived here and there was more for him to do in Charlotte.

Yes, that coupled with Hill’s UF heritage puts Jr. in the conversation.

What’s Jr.’s resume? Famous name like Mike Shula, but not the coach his dad was. So, what’s in a name? I wanna see what he’s done and can he do well here ?

1 Like

Google.com