Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

Mos Miles.

No Miles.

what about kilometers?

What about Manny Diaz?

NC experience. CUSA experience.

The Ragin Bull!!!

Didnā€™t know he coached footballā€¦but loved him in the old school NWA with the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.

Finishing moveā€¦The Flying Burrito!!

Iā€™m in!

I love manny diaz. Heā€™s a fireball. Was a wizard at N.C. state. Has been good everywhere heā€™s been. Players love him

Had a great relationship with HS coaches while at N.C. State

1 Like

I grew up down the road from the Raging Bull. We would often see him out cutting his grass.

The wrestler and the football coach are two very different people.

Looks like our friends at ECU may be looking for a coach soon too. Donā€™t know if Montgomery survives this humiliating loss to Cincinnati.

I know. The wrestlers name is Fernandez not Diaz.

1 Like

How cool would it be for our 2 revenue sports coaches to be Dirty Sanchez and the Ragin Bull?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like World Tag Team Champion contenders to me!

Gattis throws shade at Minshew

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-assistant-calls-out-gardner-minshew-credits-wsu-qbs-success-to-dink-and-dunk-offense/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure he needed to make that tweet. If Tua is going to win the Heisman it will be because the selection committee understand his stats are better. Criticizing a passing method that works for WSU just to make the QB seem worse than people think seems unnecessary and petty.

2 Likes

Also not sure if thatā€™s a tweet someone with head coach aspirations should send either. A little childish and beneath how a program leader should conduct himself.

3 Likes

Really bad look from Gattis, you never criticize a kid like that. Incredibly immature move by him. Saban is gonna give him a Lane Kiffin a$$ chewing for that.

5 Likes

What do you guys think of Jeff Jagodzinski (Former Boston College HC/ Green Bay OC) that led BC to #2 when he was there? Another possiblility could be Brian Brohm (Purdue OC)

Brian Brohm is too green. Jagodzinski is probably older than what Hill is looking for, though he has been a HC before at BC, that was 10 years ago.

Gattis is standing up for his guy. Also promoting a pro style offense which helps recruiting.

We need to let the pearls loose for a second.

Yeah, I donā€™t get the reasoning for being upset. Guy is promoting for his program.

All of that is fineā€¦if not directed to and trying to belittle a specific playerā€¦who is a kid.

Stand up for your guyā€¦promote your systemā€¦promote your guyā€¦but not at the expense of marginalizing another kid.

And againā€¦I see no problem at all with him doing this in his current role . And if he has no aspirations of becoming a head coachā€¦there is no issue. That is something a grad assistant would doā€¦or an assistant coach would do.

A head coach just cannot be that childish to post something publically on social media towards the player of another team. Heā€™s not a head coachā€¦I get it. But he needs to act like one if he wants to be one.

IMO

1 Like