Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

That’s the problem with getting a good SEC coordinator. Most of them make 4 or 5 times the salary of a conference USA head coach.

we are going to have to pony up the big bucks. also, i imagine for a lot of these guys, the opportunity to be a head coach ahs to be appealing. hill has to sell them on facilities, direction of the program and the benefits of being in charlotte and what they could build.

To answer your earlier question… I bet we pay around 900… I think the need to pay about 1.2 mill with another 600k set aside for coordinators.

Elon coach is interesting… Based on how hoops went (and I believe we are nearly universally pleased with the hire) I’d expect much of the same. P5 guy who has been a key recruiter. If its from the SEC, it won’t be a coordinator because they’d have to take a pay cut.

who do you think we would hire from an sec team if not a coordinator? possibly a db coach or wr coach? i think that is the benefit of hiring an up and coming fcs guy. they arent used to making a million plus, which is what we need to pay.

If we are not dropping 7 figures we don’t want to win.

1 Like

I’d look at the Florida and Georgia trees. A guy like James Coley at UGA, co OC- not making a ton of money… might be a good type of coach to look at

SEC coordinators load up on cash, most are going to have to take pay checks to get that first HC gig. Thats the nature of it.

I think we will be $1M for our next coach. I think FAU and FIU are over $1M and others are near that number.

UTSA is over.

Fiu has 60k students to draw fees from though. That frees up more cash to spend on coaches. As for fau, I’m not really sure how they affors what theyre doing.

slightly dated, far right is total salary

A lot of G5 programs aren’t paying $1 million a year. Most of our CUSA pers aren’t paying big bucks. We want a coach that can stop us from being a complete embarrassment and a coach that can take us to bowl games.

But if we pay 1 million plus, it shows that we are serious and not content with being,in cusa

Lowest AAC HC I’ve seen is at $1m, we don’t want our peers to stay CUSA.

Source: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

2k is correct. Make as if we are a AAC school…

exactly. we will be one soon, whether people like it or not

I would pay at least $1MM and have incentives to get up to as high as $3MM. If you reach the incentive levels the income will come in to pay the bills.

i really believe that we can pay big bucks. hill will find a way. don’t see him as a guy who would cheap out on a hire this big.

Don’t over pay an unproven coach. Save money for assistants, recruiting, and facilities.

Would Lonnie Galloway be a realistic option?