Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

Unfortunately incentives are harder in football than bball because NCAA games are worth more than any bowl game cusa is affiliated with.

We donā€™t want a cheater.

1 Like

I was thinking that you could base it on Wā€™s, recruiting, scheduling, etc. To get a top coach in our league you have to be creative. I think Hill gets it done so it will be interesting to see. Based on what I see from staffing in Menā€™s basketball it seems that some cash was going to the wrong places and has now been redirected.

clt suggests Karen.

Softball went 18-32, and 9-15 in conference. I played on county league softball teams for years that did better than this, and we never had a coach. Maybe we should throw those $ six figures towards somebody that can make good videos for us.

Just donā€™t send Softball to tournaments in California, thatā€™ll save some money. Play regionally and if they become a juggernaut, then reassess.

Another Judy-era coach that needs to go. Softball has basically had the equivalent of Lambert coaching them for 2 decades.

I donā€™t see her being fired at this point in the offseason, my guess is barring a drastic turnaround, sheā€™s fired after next year.

Brad Lambert Record
Non-Scholarship / Div II & Div III: 8-2
FCS: 5-10
FBS: 6-30

1 Like

Iā€™ll mention this guy:

REGGIE PLEASENT

LIFE COACH

clt demands a life coach for the 49ers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/20-assistant-coaches-ready-top-job-clemsons-tony-elliott-leads-list-064005638.html

Elliott looks good. Also already makes $800k a year and will have other opportunities that are probably P5 eventually. Might be a tough get.

I would love someone with head coaching experience. Charlotte doesnā€™t always have to be a training wheels job.

1 Like

If Hill can convince Elliott to sign up he deserves a raise. Iā€™m afraid Elliott will have bigger better P5 opportunities but Hill did convince Sanchez to come here when he could have been in line for a higher profile job.

2 Likes

clt asks if anyone knew sanchize was in play before hill brought him on?

hill may already have his guy

Pep Hamilton

https://mgoblue.com/staff.aspx?staff=1524&path=football

Current Michigan OC/QB coach

Was Andrew Luckā€™s OC for his best years in Indy

Also coached Luck at Stanford and essentially has been one of Jim Harbaughā€™s most trusted disciples

Lots of NFL experience/contacts

Charlotte native, West Charlotte alum

Only issue could be $$$$

Edit: he makes a little over a million, if we up our commitment to football and make an offer of 900k, might take that to get away from the insanity of the Michigan fan base

1 Like

The thing to keep in mind with top P5 assistants is most are going to have to take a pay cut to become a HC at the G5 level. Elite P5 assistants are only ones jumping to P5 HC gigs.

I think Pep would be great pick. I also think Mike Houston should be at top of the list.

I agree, Mike Houston should be at the top of the list. Proven winner and strong ties to the Carolinas.