Ngoundjo transferring

Offseason drama??? A player transferring???

Noā€¦really?

Where did I put those 10 Commandments of Niner Basketball?

[QUOTE=TRLeader;393149]Offseason drama??? A player transferring???

Noā€¦really?

Where did I put those 10 Commandments of Niner Basketball?[/QUOTE]

Who called it??? lol:rolleyes:

Whereā€™s he going?

When was the last year that we did not have someone transfer during the offseason? I understand as I do not think Gaby would have seen much playing time with us over the next two years, but still it is another transfer. Should we expect another transfer, or is this one the only one for the year?

Two scholarships for next year now- Gaby worked his butt off, and I thought showed decent improvement- But will agree, win-win situation here.

seemed like a decent guy while he was here.

good luck at your next stop.

I wish him the best. And also thank him for freeing up a scholarship

When was the last year that we did not have someone transfer during the offseason? I understand as I do not think Gaby would have seen much playing time with us over the next two years, but still it is another transfer. Should we expect another transfer, or is this one the only one for the year?
Sorry, but this is not a bad thing. I'll take this as our change to the current team... now I'll cross my fingers towards a guard (or two) and/or a center. We'll need some more height if possibly after next season if Phil can't get an extra year.

Good move for us. Gaby really didnā€™t do much for us. 0.8pts 1reb per game.
He is transferring without having a school lined up? Does that mean nobody wants him?

Good move for us. Gaby really didn't do much for us. 0.8pts 1reb per game. He is transferring without having a school lined up? Does that mean nobody wants him?
He's giving us notice that he's transferring. Gerrity left midway though the season without having a school. Gaby just knows (I'm assuming) that he wants to go somewhere where he will get more minutes. He'll find a school, but it'll probably be in a lower conference like the SoCon. I mean the season just ended.

[QUOTE=contemptor;393176]Heā€™s giving us notice that heā€™s transferring. Gerrity left midway though the season without having a school. Gaby just knows (Iā€™m assuming) that he wants to go somewhere where he will get more minutes. Heā€™ll find a school, but itā€™ll probably be in a lower conference like the SoCon. I mean the season just ended.[/QUOTE]

He should go and start in the NEC.

Gaby could start in a lot of conferences. He just wasnā€™t a good fit for a Lutz system.

Gaby could start in a lot of conferences. He just wasn't a good fit for a Lutz system.
I guess. I just have a hard time seeing him getting serious playing time unless he learns how to not foul so much. Hope he does tho

Heā€™s a soph PF who has had very limited playing time. Heā€™s not a world beater by any means, but heā€™s got the potential to develop into a solid 8/8 maybe 8/10 guy in a decent league. That was never going to happen at Charlotte. Not because he couldnā€™t do it, but because he didnā€™t fit with what Lutz wanted.

I thought he would provide decent depth next year and his sr year as a 15 min backup. Good luck to him though, I can understand. Just hope heā€™s the last of this kind of news.

That being said, Iā€™m not sure about the 2 point guard thing. We seem to be having a pretty damn hard time just getting one. Also, our ā€˜bigsā€™ for next year include a 6ā€™6ā€™ā€™ junior, 2 freshman, and a big slow center who has trouble playing more than 20 mins a game. That is going to be HUGE trouble regarding quality depth and just imagine if one got hurt.

Iā€™m thinking a juco power forward who can play a little would be a good addition, and just hope and pray we get one of these point guards we are looking at.

I thought he would provide decent depth next year and his sr year as a 15 min backup. Good luck to him though, I can understand. Just hope he's the last of this kind of news.

That being said, Iā€™m not sure about the 2 point guard thing. We seem to be having a pretty damn hard time just getting one. Also, our ā€˜bigsā€™ for next year include a 6ā€™6ā€™ā€™ junior, 2 freshman, and a big slow center who has trouble playing more than 20 mins a game. That is going to be HUGE trouble regarding quality depth and just imagine if one got hurt.

Iā€™m thinking a juco power forward who can play a little would be a good addition, and just hope and pray we get one of these point guards we are looking at.

Sherill will probably be backup, with Phil or Braswell starting. Depth will be hurt for sure if we have an injury though. I personally hope we can get a guard and a center since Braswell can play either center or PF supposedly.

I thought he would provide decent depth next year and his sr year as a 15 min backup. Good luck to him though, I can understand. Just hope he's the last of this kind of news.

Gaby would not have gotten 15 minutes next year unless Sherrill sucks or someone gets hurt. This year he averaged 6 minutes. If braswell and spears can get the same minutes Mack and Coley did, Sherrill will hopefully be good enough to play those 6 minutes a game. Hopefully Phil will be able to play a few more minutes next year. If we have injuries, Bobby could try putting Barnett a few minutes a game there. Obviously I hope not.

Really the only position we have okay depth is at SG with 4 players that can play it.

[QUOTE=contemptor;393205]Gaby would not have gotten 15 minutes next year unless Sherrill sucks or someone gets hurt. This year he averaged 6 minutes. If braswell and spears can get the same minutes Mack and Coley did, Sherrill will hopefully be good enough to play those 6 minutes a game. Hopefully Phil will be able to play a few more minutes next year. If we have injuries, Bobby could try putting Barnett a few minutes a game there. Obviously I hope not.

Really the only position we have okay depth is at SG with 4 players that can play it.[/QUOTE]

Well, Sherrill may suck or someone may get hurt. Yet to be seen. Not sure he is ready to play 7 mins/game (what gaby played according to yahoo) yet. He could be.

Also, Coley and Mack both played 30 mins/game. I dont see Phil being able to do that next year, maybe he will surprise me. Playing Braswell out of position at C some may have to be done, but I donā€™t see it as a good thing. For us or him.

Hopefully Mox has a couple tricks up his sleeve.

smart move for him. He wouldnā€™t have gotten much PT here anyway. Itā€™s too bad Gerrity couldnā€™t have given us this kind of advanced notice. This allows us to possibly land someone else in addition to a PG. If there is nobody worth recruiting then it certainly wonā€™t hurt us any to hold it.

good luck Gaby!

Niner Nation wishes you nothing but the best!