Nice victory over Marquette

A nice road win and a split this week, which is what we all said was needed. Three in double figures: Basden 23, Plavich 20, and Withers 17. Travis Diener was held to 15 points.

Thank goodness it didn’t come down to free throws… 12 of 24, .500.

The Charlotte 49ers are 13-3, 4-1. Enjoy the moment! :hammer:

Eddie was awesome, Play was solid … loved that he was able to create a few shots on his own and even had some nice 2 pointers, Withers looked lost trying to create shots on his own but was an animal on the boards, Baldwin looked great early and was quiet after that but ran the offense well … and Iti was Iti … yuck !!

RPI should take another leap for the better and will only continue to improve if we beat TCU on Wednesday.

No way that Mitch was 100% and still played very well. This team is totally different, for the better, with him running Point.

Plav, Eddie and Curt were superb today. If those three can play like that on a consistent basis, we’re going to be very tough to beat.

TCU game is going to be fun

Who knew Alexander would play??

Quality win by the guys. I don’t care if MU is overrated, they went on the road and won against a pretty good team. That’s never easy.

Eddie is the man, Plav did great as well. Coach Lutz really had them ready for today’s game. Iti wasn’t great but he did have 6 offensive boards.

Great effort by the guys!

GO NINERS!!

I disagree about Iti. I think he played well, for him. There were 2 sequences where Martin made back-to-back good plays. In the 1st half, he forced Jackson into a turnover, then on our trip down the floor, he got an entry pass, saw he was covered, and fed Curt for a dunk. In the 2nd half, he followed up Eddie’s miss with a dunk, and then forced Diener, yes Diener, to dribble the ball off his foot out of bounds on the ensuing possession. He was credited with 6 offensive rebounds, and he kept countless other balls alive.

He did miss a dunk, and 2 free throws, but I thought he was more a positive than a negative today.

Anytime Martin touches the ball in the flow of the offense I get worried. If he goes and gets it off the glass its all good…but in the normal flow…bad…very bad.

Where are you getting 6 off rebounds for Iti ? CBS Sportsline stats show he was:

2-6 (one of those of course being blocked by the rim)
0-3 from the line
3 off rebounds, 5 total in 30 minutes
2 TO’s

I do remember the couple defensive plays you mentioned and those were good … I guess I’m still expecting more then the above stats.

[i]Originally posted by 49erInMichigan[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 05:18 PM [b] Where are you getting 6 off rebounds for Iti ? CBS Sportsline stats show he was:

2-6 (one of those of course being blocked by the rim)
0-3 from the line
3 off rebounds, 5 total in 30 minutes
2 TO’s

I do remember the couple defensive plays you mentioned and those were good … I guess I’m still expecting more then the above stats. [/b]

Matt said it in the post game.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 05:19 PM [b] Matt said it in the post game. [/b]
so did coach

Well all in all that was a great road win and a nice rebound from the Cincy debacle. Aside from the first few minutes of the second half when we let them go on a 14-2 run (or sometihng like that) we pretty much dominated the game. Our RPI should jump 15 spots or so tomorrow.

And I vote Eddie Basden for CUSA POY! He is quickly becoming my favorite Niner of all time. We are [b]really[/b] going to miss him next year. I’d love to see someone give him a shot in the NBA.