Nice Writeup about Baseball Team's Win

WS Journal Article

I couldn’t find anything in the Observer.

I thought that the WSJ was going to properly refer to us as Charlotte! (Or was that another North Carolina newspaper?)

[i]Originally posted by NinerNirvana[/i]@Apr 21 2005, 11:26 AM [b] I thought that the WSJ was going to properly refer to us as Charlotte! (Or was that another North Carolina newspaper?) [/b]
Dream on. They have some grads of unc-chapel hill school of journalism that threw a fit when they heard about our name change (so i was told from a former employee of the paper). of course, they will never admit that's the reason they refuse to honor the change.

Send them an e-mail and let me know if you ever receive a response.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Apr 21 2005, 12:10 PM [b] Send them an e-mail and let me know if you ever receive a response. [/b]
I've said this numerous times but I guess some of you just don't listen. The General Manager of the Journal is a Charlotte grad. He is a huge Charlotte fan. His son is a redshirt freshman on the baseball team this year (he got a triple last night). He comes to every game and he knows how little respect we get. He is one of us. Send him an email!

I’m surprised the Journal even had an article about us. Their coverage of us is ually pretty horrible. Being from Winston, I have always read the Journal at home and we get maybe a paragraph or two, occasionally a complete article. They spend their time focusing primarily on Wake, which is perhaps why this article is there. They also waste space on ECU, App state, UNCG, you can see where the trend is heading. But nonetheless a great read.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Apr 21 2005, 10:59 AM [b] I couldn't find anything in the Observer. [/b]
Over40, there was a small blurb in the Big O - no separate story. The fact that the game was played in Charlotte and the W-S Journal had a sportswriter at the game is pretty impressive. Yes, the W-SJ covered the game because it involved Wake Forest, but still nice.
[i]Originally posted by run49er+Apr 21 2005, 04:26 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Apr 21 2005, 04:26 PM)

There was no sportswriter at the game … you’ll see the same story on charlotte49ers.com :blink:

Not a coincidence.

(PS if you figure out why they change all my Charlotte references to UNCC or UNC Charlotte, let me know :smiley: )

Edit: I’m told that there will be a story about Erik Walker in tomorrow’s paper. They asked for a photo. So this is a heads up to check that out.

(Or just read it now:
http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sp…042005aab.html)

[i]Originally posted by 49erSIDMatt[/i]@Apr 21 2005, 05:33 PM [b] There was no sportswriter at the game ... you'll see the same story on charlotte49ers.com :blink:

Not a coincidence.

(PS if you figure out why they change all my Charlotte references to UNCC or UNC Charlotte, let me know :smiley: )

Edit: I’m told that there will be a story about Erik Walker in tomorrow’s paper. They asked for a photo. So this is a heads up to check that out.

(Or just read it now:
http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sp…042005aab.html) [/b]

So, you wrote the article and theychanged the “Charlotte” to UNCC or UNC Charlotte? SID matt, thanks for letting us know that.

[i]Originally posted by N1NER+Apr 21 2005, 12:21 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (N1NER @ Apr 21 2005, 12:21 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Apr 22 2005, 01:55 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Apr 22 2005, 01:55 AM)
Originally posted by N1NER@Apr 21 2005, 12:21 PM [b]